Node-Red Flow Samples/Sharing

This works for me with Inovelli LEDs. I was testing this using an inject node to send msg.arguements to the Command node (I left the "Arguments" section blank)

RED:

BLUE:

3 Likes

Thanks heaps for the point in the right direction with option and examples. Hope to have time tomorrow to get back in the test lab.

1 Like

Thank you sir for the pointers with option and examples. Hope to have time tomorrow to get back in the test lab.

Thanks heaps for the suggestion just to use the setHue. Hope to have time tomorrow to get back in the test lab.

1 Like

@erktrek @TechMedX - do you know where I could get the color values to be used with the HE setColor argument? I have found 65 = Blue, 1 = Red pretty much by trial and error. I looked at the Inovelli driver code (I'm using the Red/Black series dimmers) and the values that they have for colors don't work when used in the Hubitat device node:
0:"Red",
21:"Orange",
42:"Yellow",
85:"Green",
127:"Cyan",
170:"Blue",
212:"Violet",
234:"Pink"
Does HE have it's own "color wheel"? Thanks for your help

1 Like

I think it's HSV

3 Likes

I'm not a dev, and I have nothing to stand on but my own experience.

This could differ by manufacturer.

For my Sengled and Sylvania bulbs/lights strips I never use anything over 99. The below is

2=Red
33=Green
55=Blue
77=Purple

I have a sequence we call the "rainbow" It does 0-99 with a 2 sec pause and it covers the entire spectrum. So somewhere in that is basically 0-red-30ish-green-50ish-blue-80ishpurple/pink-rinse-and-repeat. (It doesn't all fit) yeah a bit OCD I know

1 Like

:astonished:

2 Likes

Just do this...

The secret sauce is using a flow variable called "hue" and incrementing using a jsonata expression like this:

also the "setHue = flow.hue" change node is

2 Likes

You must have missed this part :wink:

In that sequence, how would it be reset to 0, after 99? (I see it now, nice!) Always curious.

BTW, I think my ways can often be overly complex due to ignorance in coding, 'layman' terms. But isn't that the beauty of NR? I completely bow to those that know true coding :bowing_man: Until then I'm just glad NR lets us 'hacks' find the ways we can

:hugs:

to all

3 Likes

That only goes through one iteration as an example BUT on the switch node you could add an otherwise and do it like this:

Note: the "no-op" is a placeholder node that does nothing - you could put some exit logic there or whatever.. edit forgot to put a delay on it (after the no-op) as well... sigh

2 Likes

I see your 'easy way' and raise you the control freak factor :wink:

2 Likes

Aaaaahhhhhh!!! My eyes!

( :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

And it/yours looks a lot cooler too.. very matrix-ey :pill:

1 Like

and in truth if your c/p skillz are up to snuff you should be able to do it all in under the 15-30 it took me while the wife cooked dinner. Since then...... its paid for itself in many 'happy returns' :rofl:

3 Likes

Another satisfied Node-RED customer.. :wink: :rofl:

4 Likes

Holy Moly that is complicated. Wouldn't a function have been a lot easier?!?

Ha, now I read on and see your response vis a vis coding etc. Fair enough.

2 Likes

You can create a loop using this pallet:

2 Likes

I'm suspecting that this is right based on what I'm seeing in the Inovelli LED (Blue = 65 Hue)

This is awesome! :clap:t3: :clap:t3:

do-red is also a great "organizational" node as well.. I use it to prettify my water main valve check sequence.

3 Likes