No Zwave Logs

Something happens to my C7 hub and it won't print out any Zwave logs. I'm going a Zwave repair right now and I know things are happening but when I look at the Zwave logs in another tab on my browser, there is nothing there. Trying to diagnose slow RM rules with 5 devices and it's just slow. This makes me think there is something wrong with the hub or something - I also just rebooted within the last hour. :frowning:

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm trying to troubleshoot issues on my C7 as well and see the same thing. No ZWave logs at all. I was moving my devices from my C5 to my C7 and then all of a sudden my C7 stopping adding and removing any devices - almost like Zwave broke. I ran a repair and the majority of my devices failed. Some of my devices are reporting and others aren't. :frowning:

Yup, the same thing with me. No Zwave logs, repair and most of the devices fail. I guess I'll shut down the device, power it down, then plug it back in and see what happens. I'll report back here.

Just saw there was an update with a number of zwave changes. Backed up my config and am installing now. I also removed all of the Ecobee thermostat stuff, it seemed to be really bloated and I wasn't use it. Removed a number of other drivers that I wasn't using as well. Will see what happens when this thing is done upgrading.

Awesome. After the update, all my zwave devices are gone. :frowning: Is that expected? I would think I shouldn't have to do a restore after every upgrade.

Yup, all my zwave devices are now gone.

This makes me really frustrated.

Something is seriously wrong with this thing. Now I can't even get it to detect any zwave devices no matter what I do. Maybe I should shut down, power off, and restart. Really frustrating.

I had to erase everything on the device and completely rebuild everything to get back to where I was. At least I think things are working but I have no idea what happened earlier. I was convinced that the unit was dead. Seems that it has stability issues. I'll make sure I'm careful keeping backups of everything.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.