No WI-FI for you!

6 Likes

Google's initial attempts to resolve the issue were insufficient...and some would say misdirected:

8 Likes

I can not imagine a company pushing out a product this bad. There is such a thing as robustness testing as well as selected beta testing (to a real developer community).

"Making do with Ethernet cables".... How will they cope.... With a reliable, fast connection....

3 Likes

Don't you know that only peasants use cables.

1 Like

Google has fiber... guess its not for employees

1 Like

I've just bought this lot, and it's ace...

www.tp-link.com/uk/business-networking/management-platform/oc200/&ved=2ahUKEwjwpeirj_OEAxVRUUEAHdGtCK4QFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1P_koy0XVrZn236fkpdCEO

www.tp-link.com/uk/business-networking/omada-sdn-access-point/eap653/&ved=2ahUKEwjzyr-9j_OEAxWGUEEAHXUJAwUQFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0SqCUYIr0rtlTzUzZqOcLE

I wish I lived in your world.... :wink: Things would be so much better if companies treated the release of a product like there were no more chances to correct mistakes....

(Please don't think I hold myself or my creations on this platform to the same standards :slight_smile: )

1 Like

For anyone that doesn't want to read the article, the tl;dr is that the shape of the roof is killing WiFi propagation inside the building. The problem isn't necessarily a product, it's with the building design.

3 Likes

Yeah, that part was very interesting. They have a weird version of a Stealth ceiling.

If only I had known, I would have done my kids' bedroom ceilings the same way, and then I wouldn't have had to block their phones Wi-Fi access overnight. :wink:

3 Likes

That solar tarp rain collecting roof is the most beautiful faraday cage I have ever seen. ROFL

1 Like