No status update from Jasco Add-on Switch

I don't know, I've never tested these with an add on, if the main switch had debug logging enabled it's pretty straight forward to see if all the data received is being converted into events.

I have a half dozen or so 14294 that have add-on switches. I'll look tonight.

Edit: Actually, I think all of my add-on are on motion dimmers actually. So scratch that.

I have many 3/4 ways on this switch and will check tonight when I get back home.

I checked several of my 14291s, rocker style, and my one 14292, toggle style, tonight and the Aux switch immediately changed the state of the master switch in HE.

Thanks for checking your switches. This gives me some hope.
I realized this evening that I have another 3-way set-up with the same z-wave and add-on switches. I tested these and the add-on does not update the status. The switch and add-on work fine with the exception of the add-on not updating the status.
I did move these switches from Smart Things to Hubitat a few months ago and used the incorrect generic driver (these are z-wave plus but I used the default zwave switch driver). So I changed this to the smart driver. Not sure if this history may have broke something.
So I think the next step is to exclude the switch, do a factory reset, and then add the switch again. This will mess up a few rules machine apps so I won't do this till Saturday evening when I'll have more time. I'll be sure to report what happens ...
And many thanks again for all the fantastic support!!

Did you hit "Configure" after you changed the driver?

1 Like

Agree with @Ryan780. Anytime you change drivers you need to click the Configure button after saving the driver change.

Yes I hit the configure button after changing the driver. Then I hit save again.

It’s December 2019 now, and this issue still seems to exist even with the latest firmware. I did check and install the same switches into my SmartThings HUB and their status updates instantly when switched via the physical switch (zero delay so I find it difficult to believe SmartThings is actively polling the devices every second) This seems to indicate to me that it’s not actually a switch issue but a driver issue specific now only to Hubitat hubs. Perhaps @mike.maxwell can expand on this issue and help with a final resolution?

No idea what the problem is...

I’ve tried the zwave poller with the devices set a generic z-wave switch and the zwave poller does not seem to work either. Is this just an issue with the poller app?

@rdstov The issue of this thread was that the op was using an incorrect driver (generic z-wave switch/dimmer vs smart switch/dimmer) with z-wave plus switches. There’s no problem with this updating with z-wave plus devices.

2 Likes

The correct driver for z-wave PLUS switches is the Generic Z-wave Smart Dimmer driver. If you have non-plus z-wave devices, then you have to use the Generic Z-wave driver and the Poller app to pick up on local changes.

1 Like

Just an update. This has never been resolved. I do not see updates from several of my Jasco switches and even dimmers. I have given up on relying on the states being correct unless I click poll first.

They're z-wave plus. That shouldn't happen. I wonder if this related to the database corruption that you've seen with your hub recently.

Any suggestions? I'm willing to do more investigations and provide any data needed.

Best thing to do is contact support.

I installed two Inovelli Red series switches a couple of days ago. I just checked and these switches report their status correctly when manually switched. So the hub seems to be working ok.