No response from support

No response from support on ticket 14544. Lost in cyberspace? I sent a second request also.
Now what do i do?

Thanks

What is your issue?

Btw support can take a bit as they triage owners with downed devices first or massive slowdowns. Also it could take up to 72 hours for a response.

2 Likes

Tagging @bobbyD

Not lost, we've had an influx of tickets over the weekend and we are catching up based on urgency of the problem. If you could, I think you'd find answers to your questions here in the community based on other people's hands on experiences. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

1 Like

I will wait patiently for a reply..... In my questions i did remark that i submitted my queries to the community first.
Thx though

1 Like

Is it this issue where you never responded to the questions other community members asked about the problem? False Intrusion Alarms - Can't narrow it down

2 Likes

Many of us are happy to pitch in and help, but please help us help you by posting your issue here too. Donโ€™t ask the community to hunt for your question. :wink:

7 Likes

@SmartHomePrimer is an incredibly knowledgeable and helpful member of the community. I have also known him (?) to be consistently polite. I would consider his words above to be simply along those (helpful) lines, while I understand that they could be interpreted in other ways.

Is the thread linked to above the issue you were taking about? As I mentioned, there was no reply from you, so it's difficult for others to continue troubleshooting if they don't know what the problem is or if there are other questions. (If that's not the post, it really only serves more to prove this point, but I digress.)

Hubitat's official support is great, but it's highly unlikely this issue requires that level of assistance*; the community is usually a great resource for helpful and quick assistance (sometimes even from staff themselves).

*I mean nothing bad by this, just that it appears to be a general question about how to use the platform that other users are capable of helping with. This is is contrast to, say, a hub that won't turn on where it's clear you'll need them. There is a lot in between, which I didn't say it was entirely impossible. (This is, of course, still a guess for both that reason plus the fact that despite at least two requests for clarification, you have still not indicated what your question actually was; I'm assuming it's regarding HSM.) Again, official Support is fantastic, but they're quite likely to prioritize things that need them over "how-to" questions, so you might be waiting a while.

5 Likes

I know it can be extremely frustrating to figure out what all of these things mean when your new to using Hubitat. If you enter the text shown in my second screenshot, you will get notifications of which sensor fired, its state of open/close, the date, and the time it occured. I used to have this problem with a back door sensor to my garage that was farthest from the hub before I purchased a few zigbee plugs to boost the signal to it.

2 Likes

Ok.... I really think you may be reading more into some of these responses than was intended. Nuance or infection is very hard to convey or interpret in written forum posts.

In any case - Good luck! (Meant in a completely non-sarcastic way). I'm sure the great folks at hubitat's support will get your question answered.

9 Likes

Hey man,

Everyone is here to help you. No need to be aggressive with people responding politely to you. Use some forum etiquette and remove the emotions please.

Just an FYI @bobbyD is the official Hubitat support contact. So be careful how you respond to people without knowing who you are responding to.

Again, can you reference your issue here so the community might be able to assist you?

6 Likes

@bertabcd1234 is super-knowledgeable, and you are misinterpreting his statement. The fact that he dug out the original post where you requested help is sufficient indication that his motivation is to help and not to offend.

:peace_symbol:

6 Likes

I am sorry but this is way overblown reaction to the fellow community members that are trying to assist. This community is very helpful but you need to provide as much information about your rule/issues for us to provide the best feedback.

9 Likes

Iโ€™ll have you know my name is Karen, and I need a manager - now. Nobody else can possibly assist me.

This is why this community needs a block or mute option. Good riddance to caustic people.

6 Likes