No more samsung water leak sensors? What are you using?

I seem to recall them being around $20 or so. I think the motion sensor was more, but the Buttons and Leak sensors were cheaper. My memory is notoriouosly faulty though...ask my wife! LOL

Yup, just checked my Amazon order history $19.99.

S.

Don’t know. I never paid attention to EU products

I could get them on sale in Australia for $25 aud so about $20 us.

I know about how much we payed for them here (US / Canada), but was wondering more of how much they were in EU before the change. Just so we can compare the price.

In Canada I payed anywhere between $20 and $27 CAD over about a two year span (the highest price being the last one I bought). And I think that at $20 it was on special. But if they are 35 EUR, that converts to $56 CAD. Not sure I'm willing to pay that price point for something I was paying almost half the price a few months ago just because it's now branded Aeotec. Are they planning on selling the Hub $500, that will kill the brand for sure ! :laughing: and Hubitat better get ready to stock up!

1 Like

I'm using 12 Utilitech leak detectors. Zwave (not +). Sensor on 10' cable. To say they're not chatty would be an understatement. Every time I spit on them the water turns off, so there's that.

1 Like

I did not. I did setup Device Watchdog to keep an eye on them tho.

You are certainly correct. But, thats exactly why I don't trust manuals in broken English! I took a chance on purchasing these because it seemed worth the risk, and the preponderance of data in the listing seemed to indicate Zigbee 3. I got lucky this time...next???? Lol

S

2 Likes

I've had mine for over 6 months and it has never dropped.

It checks-in roughly every 4 hours with the battery level.

1 Like

@at9 - You're referring to this sensor? And you're using the generic Zigbee moisture sensor driver?

If the Blitzwolf leak sensors work out (and how could you not root for them with a name like that?!) they also have a contact sensor for $12. :slightly_smiling_face:

There is both a BW-IS5 leak sensor and a BW-IS9 leak sensor. Not sure which is the "best" one. The one pictured earlier is the BW-IS5 though.

1 Like

That is the one and I am using the generic moisture sensor. I also have 6 of the contact sensors and 2 of the motion sensors.

2 Likes

Interesting, I didn't see the 9 when I was looking. The 9 has 3 contacts, and is a fair bit bigger. It also has a bigger battery, a 2450 instead of a 2032.....prettier too I suppose.

Thats good to hear. Thanks!
S

Yeah, I looked at that. 60mm though. The 5 is only 44mm. Its kind of a toss up though, as the extended battery life might be worth it, but given how non-chatty these seem to be, I'm thinking battery life might not be an issue.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Yeah, kinda looks like a hockey puck. :slight_smile:

Really glad I grabbed a few of the Samsung just before they disappeared. Perfect size and never had any issues w/them.

Are these still working good for you?

The Samsung leak sensors? Yes, never had any issues, and they have correctly identified two leaks in the years I've had them. (Maybe three? Can't remember for sure.) I also don't get any false alarms from them.

Batteries seem to last a very long time - I haven't tracked it exactly, but I can't remember the last time I had to change a battery on one of them.

I meant the blitzwolf bw-is9 zigbee water leak sensors. Are you using those?

I notice there is a Centralite 3315-C Water Leak Sensor showing up on Amazon for $24.99. They were an OEM for SmartThings and I have been happy with their other products (but I have not yet used their Water Leak Sensor).

1 Like