No more samsung water leak sensors? What are you using?

@april.brandt
Go the complicated route like I did. Get a bunch of cheap RF ones and a Sonoff RF Bridge from Banggood; Tasmotize the Bridge; then use Node Red to get the wet alerts into HE.

Why? Because you can never have too many different systems to go wrong.

I use this and it works fine.

1 Like

Now "0 lots available". :frowning_face:

Also hoping this is temporary. I have 9 of these ringing my basement, and they've saved my butt a few times already.

I thought they might go quickly...

+1 for the Iris lots on ebay. They are rock solid, work great with HSM, saved me once with a leak at the washing machine.

2 Likes

And the benefit of my favorite product review, maybe ever, for the Blitzwolf leak detector. There is a reference to a "groom" - maybe this saved the day at a wedding?

MInister: "I now pronounce you..."
Ring Bearer: "Look out, everybody, there's a flood!!!"

Yeah, I stopped by my local BB, and they were cleaned out as well. I did note the tag on the shelf said "back ordered", which most web sites seem to indicate as well, so I wonder if they are having some supply chain problems as opposed to just not making them anymore...

BB only had 2 Samsung Buttons, so I picked those up as "spares" just in case...lol

S.

Definitely the Iris ones on ebay. They are a steal and they work great. Get a lot of 5.

not even direct?

2 Likes

Good find...wonder if the current lack of retail availability is due to logistics/supply chain issues, or if they are preparing for a replacement, or even starting to get out of the ST HW biz.

I noticed I had a $13 points balance on Samsung site from an old purchase, so used it to get one of the leak sensors for $6 delivered. Nice. :slight_smile:

Nice, glad to see they are available again direct!

Not now, (9/25/20). Only available at the 4 physical Samsung stores in the US, but not online. Most of their where to buy locations appear to be out of stock as well.

Funny, maybe, but after I ordered from Samsung online I got a notice from them that my order was delayed. Maybe the found out they didn't have any in their warehouse and had to get one back from one of their stores... :wink:

There is a delay in shipping one or more items in your order. We apologize, we cannot provide a new shipping date at this time. Please watch for an email update soon.

Funny, I snatched one more off AMZ when I saw this thread. Maybe I should have bought all 6 that were showing in stock @$17.99.

A seller now showing 2 in stock @ $34.99 each.

I had placed an order w/Samsung earlier as I noted above in this thread, about three weeks ago. Got emails from them saying my oder was delayed, and then today saying it had been cancelled. So no mas...

Interestingly, they played it like I had requested the cancellation, which I had not.

Very tactful, they are. Nice ... gives you the warm and fuzzy, doesn't it?
:grin:

1 Like

I felt the hug, absolutely. :smiley:

At least the returned my Samsung store points to me w/out me having to complain. So half a loaf...

1 Like

The fact that we'd still snatch up these little gems if they were available is so disheartening. In spite of that.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

It’s still showing as available in Samsung brick-and-mortar stores, and online at Zones:
https://www.zones.com/site/product/index.html?id=106858616

Best Buy is sold out.

Thanks. I had picked up a few from eBay that were still on the cheap ($17) so I'm good for now - have sufficient for plans and a couple spares. I really only bought the one on the Samsung store to use up a few points sitting there...now I'm stuck w/the points, don't really need/want anything else from them right now. :frowning: