No more Nest - Other Thermostat Options?

How many :carrot: now then @mike.maxwell :wink:

5 if they actually ship it!, $150 is a good price as well, I expected it to be closer to $200...

1 Like

It would be good if they did a UK version with opentherm, that's why I went with nest originally.

Zigbee works everywhere, what's open therm?

Works with Hubitat hub! This may be one of the first products I have seen stating Hubitat compatibility in their product literature!

2 Likes

Yes, we received engineering samples very early on.
However they aren't going to sell any of these damn things if the product link is burried like it is currently...

2 Likes

ZigBee bits fine it's the other bit that is needed for UK.

It's abit like ZigBee for boilers, its open protocol and hard wired using a 2 core BUS network to "talk" to the boiler. So rather than ON and OFF to the boiler it's tells the boiler the temp is X and I want you to warm up the house by 2 degrees. Then because the thermostat knows how long it takes to warm the house it will modulate the gas to the boiler to efficiently warm up the house by only heating to X percent so the house doesn't "over shoot" and get too hot. It does alot more than that as well like fault codes can be read though it to English and you can control flow temp and water temp and other stuff.

Oui, I'm guessing almost zero HA thermostats support this...

Don't know of any ZigBee or Z-WAVE ones. Nest do and quite a few other WiFi ones especially boiler manufacturers own thermostats tend to do.

Well I bit the bullet and bought one of the Lux KONOz thermostats. Was showing 20 available, but now only 19 :slight_smile:

Here is the direct link I found to order them:

Scott

1 Like

Just as a point of clarification, there is no smart hubitat app for the KONOz thermostat device, it works just like any other thermostat. This is the first time that we've seen this copy, so we've requested that they update the text.

Figured that was the case with that. A dashboard tile should suffice. Mike, I take it that since it is not the WiFi version, their app will not work at all, correct?

The Zigbee units they sent me weren't WiFi enabled, so there would't be any way that any mobile app could communicate with them directly.

Mike you didn't comment much on the Konoz during last weeks youtube video, I assume it's because it wasn't readily available. But now that it appears to be, what are your thoughts on it overall and in comparison with the "5 Carrot" rated Go-Control unit? It's a little pricey compared to the Go-Control but it definitely has it beat in the looks department.

I would amend the review to :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

As info, my KONOz shipped this morning, so apparently they are available, albeit hidden.

Wow... I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... I think the Konoz is UGLY as heck... Especially the non-white variants.

Yup to each his/her own, IMHO the Go-Control looks like a $15 contractor special from home depot or lowe's :laughing:

Yeah I wish the KONOz looked like the KONO WiFi version. The white upper left quadrant stays the same, even with the replacement skins. I ordered the Midnight Black version. Maybe it won't be as bad as it looks once I get it.

1 Like

That's why I like it. Unassuming, regular looking thermostat that ANYONE that has used a thermostat in the last 30 years can use without thinking twice / guessing what the knob versus buttons versus screen will do.

2 Likes