[No Longer Maintained] Orbit BHyve Integration

I'd need logs from when it was running to see what's going on. I haven't experienced any issues so without logs I can't really troubleshoot.

What B-hyve devices the integration support?
I'm seeing a good deal of their leak sensors ($40 for 3 or $76 for 8 including the hub and I like its small size) and wondering if the integration support them?

No. They are not supported. Cloud based leak sensors sound like a very bad idea. This integration is purely for their valve/timers.

1 Like

I've had my BHyve integrated through Hubitat for a few months now, and it's worked great overall. However, I do have one question. I see the various Current States come through fine, with the exception of "next_start_time" which always seems to register as 0. I thought it might be that it didn't pick up on the automatically programmed start times, but it doesn't seem to change when I put in a manual schedule either. The "start_time" and "stop_time" from the previous session show up fine -- it only seems to be "next_start_time" that I'm not getting anything for.

Is this a problem anyone else is seeing, or did I manage to garf something up when I pulled in the driver code?

I do not have this problem. These fields are populated for me

I would like to present the Next_start_time and the stop_time on a dashboard using a human readable date format and not the Unix timestamp.
I understand that this is not doable using CSS. Can the driver expopse these attributes in a regular format?
I was told that this can be done using RM and creating variables and connectors but this seems too much for a 12 station system.

Mine is always a zero as well so maybe we a different data feed. I only have 1 device/zone.

Screenshot 2021-09-27 073937

1 Like

I only have one zone with one device as well, with a perpetual 0 for next_start_time.
I should note, too, that when I ask Alexa for the next start time, she's able to provide it, so it's not an issue with the BHyve itself not having that info or storing it incorrectly or anything.

Just for the record, I have been playing with the next_start_time and the stop_time and it seems that while stop_time does show the real last stop time for a sprinkler, the next_start_time is presenting a date that is not represneting the scheduled time for a sprinkler but rather a common timestamp for all sprinklers that I could not figure out what is the logic behind it.

1 Like

I have several of the 12 zone controllers, B-hyve labels the 6 and 12 units as Orbit. The 8 and 16 zone controllers are labeled as Hydro Rain. Same box, made by B-hyve and the same firmware. Do you support these as well?

I'm installing this today along with my new Smart WiFi Hose Faucet Timer. I don't see any devices and the only logs show me this:

What did I do wrongly? lol

Yeah, uninstalled/reinstalled, still having the timezone_id on null object issue. Any guidance @dman2306 ?

I don't have location information as noted in an earlier comment.

I'm afraid I don't really use nor maintain this app anymore.

Ugh, ok. Removing from my system. Prob should be removed from HPM, though....

Do you have the Wall Plug-in Hub that allows for WiFi usage? The timer by itself is only for bluetooth. I have 2 of these using the hub with no issues. Maybe I can help? Also what country and you in? I'm in the United States.

@swade I do have the WiFi Hub, yes. I'm in the us as well - if you scroll up a bit you'll see the error I'm seeing in my logs - resulting in no devices being created in Hubitat.

I did see the error you mentioned. Not sure why?

Did you setup the phone app to control the timer? It is called B*hyve on Android. Just wondering if it needs setup before the Hubitat recognizes it.

It's called the same for iOS, too. Yeah, I have it and it's configured - and it's pulling in the right weather and street address so I'm unsure how it wouldn't know the timezone (ie, null). Is there somewhere in the app specific to configuring the timezone that I'm missing?

Which app are you using? I am using the Orbit b*Hyve Inergration by Dominick Meglio.