[No Longer Maintained] Orbit BHyve Integration

PDT (Las Vegas)

Can you show the value showed for the timezone variable in application states if you click the gear icon for the app?

Also, is your location information set in the orbit app?

Is that all the logs when you set it up? I expected to see a lot more

That's it. My guess it that it is crashing at that point and not continuing.

Edit: I'm not too familiar with Groovy so I don't know how it behaves with errors.

Ok. I’ll take a look tomorrow. I might need to add some more debug logging

I may want it now but no rush. I appreciate the effort.

I have been less than impressed with the Orbit app. It took me forever to figure out that each valve has its own zones. I still have more PVC to run and valves to install. So far I like the hardware. This is the driving force behind connecting it to HE.

I've been running the three zones I have plumbed in so far manually. I've had issues the last couple of years with my irrigation systems. I decided it was time to run PVC. It is still an odd setup but so far it has been reliable.

Is it possible that the installation is failing if some of the devices aren’t online?

I honestly don't know, but seems plausible. I am adding some extra logging and will send you a link to test with. As a note, the data Orbit sends back that will be logged includes some sensitive info like the exact GPS coordinates of your location set in their app. You might want to try to mask out the data that gets spit out

I'm not too worried about the location but I redacted it anyway. It sure does send a lot of repetitive data. :wink: There are a few more pages of that one block. It looks like it is just iterating through all the devices. I can copy the rest of it if you need it.

I finished up installing my main run today. 9 valves now up and running. I had some more batteries delivered. They are on the charger now and I'll try to get all the devices up and running tomorrow.

Thanks again for your assistance.

In case anybody has the same problem in the future.

I had to make sure that each device had a watering schedule setup and enabled in the mobile app before it would initialize correctly. Once the HE app ran once with the schedule enabled I turned off the mobile app schedule and everything kept working in HE.

1 Like

This has been my experience as well. I was getting incomplete information on each new valve until I put in in a schedule in the Orbit app and ran an actual scheduled (not ad hoc quick run) run on that valve. Then it worked in Hubitat from that point on.

I didn’t have to run the schedule. Just make sure the HE app does a refresh cycle. I had it set to 1 minute while I was testing. I was then able to disable all the mobile app schedules.

hello sorry for what may seem like a stupid question, I've not used the package manager before. I have now installed HPM, i've installed/updated the b-hyve driver, but where do i enter the bhyve username/password? I can't find anywhere in the driver to enter this? And will my bhyve just appear in devices once connected? Cheers for any advice!

It includes an app too. That’s where you do all the configuration

Any chance that this works without the hub?
I ask because I somehow managed to lose mine and I’ve been tearing my house apart…

Sorry, no. The devices only connect to the internet via the hub. Since hubitat doesn’t support Bluetooth there is no way to communicate with the devices directly.

1 Like

So.. I have a little issue. It seems that these things are a bit too chatty.. my issue seems to be that they take up a bit of time on my device. And after time, it seems to lock up my HE and it requires a reboot . I'm not sure what else to explain, since I disabled the app, my hub has been stable again
. Anything i can do?

Thx

How long was your hub up when that screenshot was taken? That is saying there was 10 seconds of processing. I wouldn't call that high at all unless your hub had only been running for less than 5 minutes.

that screenshot is not a good one.. I don't have a better once since I disabled the app for the time being.. but the two sprinklers end up taking up so much time.. it ends up killing my hub from time to time.