No Devices Triggering After a Specific Date

I had everything setup and working perfectly and then, suddenly nothing works. All devices show up on my devices page and my dashboard shows all devices but nothing will trigger. I use a lot of Innovelli smart switches and a few sensors, etc...

I setup everything in Rule Machine and things were working very well. Now when I try to even click on any device in a dashboard or on the app to turn on or off they do nothing.

I'm new to Hubitat (moved from Smart Things) and not sure how to troubleshoot exactly.

My Inovelli driver is up to date as far as I can tell. I just did a refresh from the URL for their device driver.

Platform Version: 2.3.8.140
Hardware: C8

Anyone have any info? I am at a standstill and cannot get anything to work.

Not sure why no responses, other than nobody knows the answer?

The first thing I guess I would ask is if you could tell us if this is sudden, corresponds with a recent update, was totally random, or what? Were there any changes to rules, more devices added, power outages, or anything else that may have triggered (no pun intended) this behavior?

Next question I would ask is if the devices work properly otherwise? Go to the Device tab, and pick a device that isn't working. Do the "States" in the upper right corner reflect both the physical state change (I.E. when you flip a switch on the wall) and by operating the device within that settings page (on/off/dim/set level buttons at top of page).

Have you tried a full power down, and reboot?

Are these Z-wave, Zigbee, or what? Is it all one protocol (All Z-wave?) that are not working?

What do logs show? Any Error or Warn in there?

Did you turn on all logs in the main page of Rule Machine, and see what they say when they were triggered (presumably by motion)?

2.3.8.140 is quite old, have you tried a newer update, presently 2.3.9.162

Shut down the hub and unplug for 30 seconds.

1 Like

See my answers to the questions.

So you did a hub shut down and restart, did it bring any functionality back for a short time or still nothing working as soon as it boots?

Can you access the web UI for the hub in a browser?

What color is LED on the hub?

Go to Settings > Reboot > Advanced, check rebuild DB, purge logs and reboot.

When you test a device, do it directly from the device page, not dashboards or the mobile app, that has other things in between so adds extra variables to the situation.

Hi!,

The hub can be accessed with no issues via the Web interface. I have done as you instructed with a reboot that dia a DB rebuild and purged the logs.

I tested a device after that (not from the dashboard or mobile app) and no luck. It doesn't show the correct status on the device page and doesn't respond via the device page (on or off).

I have made sure the Inovelli driver was up to date as well. Nothing works, the hub responds and interface is fine but the switches do not want to be recognized or send data.

My temperature device shows last activity 6/29.

The LED on the hub is solid green.

Sounds like everything impacted is Zigbee?

Check Zigbee details page, does it say the radio is online?

Couple of things you could try.

• Unplug the hub for 20+ minutes to make the devices go into "panic" mode. When hub comes back they are supposed to find it again and reconnect.
  • Change the Zigbee channel to 25. Some people have had issues on the default channel 20, and 25 is less likely to have Wifi interference.
  • Try to re-pair one device by resetting it and pairing again. Zigbee devices will automatically reconnect to the same "device" on the hub so there is no harm in doing this. I would do a repeating device that is near the hub, and some other devices might reconnect by themselves once it is online.

I updated the channel and rebuilt it and also did another update today and it works! Thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like

One other thing since you have a C8, for the power, less is more. If you have it set higher than 8, go down to 8 (default). Some people have even gone lower. More power actually causes more radio noise, and can make things worse.

1 Like