Night Light

Well it's also a motion sensor and it lets me see when my kids are getting up to go to the bathroom.. I'm not sure if the energy difference is enough to make me try something else. Right now it's just to make sure I don't miss lol (huge waf) but I can also incorporate it into my wife's bathtub mode.

I also purchased one to play around with. It's a very versatile device. I like it.

1 Like

I bought a few more. I'm gonna relegate my old centralities to the basement

I just purchased the Third Reality nightlight and I’m having problems with the motion detection turning the light back on after it turns off from lack of motion. Do you know the cooldown period or/and can you share your automation?

I was just about to post about an issue with this device.

At first it was great, but the other day I updated the firmware, and now the motion sensor is triggering the light to come on and I don’t have any rules set up for that. :face_in_clouds:

It looks like it takes 1min for it to go active and inactive, the. 2min cool down from inactive to off based the event log.

I just went into the device page and hit “Configure”, seemed to have made my issue stop for the mean time.

Not exactly the issue you are having, but it might be worth updating the firmware from the device page, then hit “Configure”

This is another thread about this device

The motion sensor has a local routine that does this automatically unless you remove it. I think you can turn it off by pushing the reset button for five seconds. The light should flash and possibly be a color.

1 Like

Thanks for that info, I bookmarked your post incase it starts happening again.

Not sure if the firmware or hitting configure stopped it for this time.

I really like the device, but it’s been a pain in the butt a few times now.

What firmware are you on with it?

• firmwareMT: 130D-0000-00000032

I think it may be a cooldown issue. I have the light turn off after no motion for two minutes. If there’s motion soon after the light turns off, the light does not turn back on. If there’s motion sometime later the light does turns on.

I haven't had that issue. I also have the matter version that works well too.

Thanks for the info. I may try the Matter version.

They've both been fine for me.

Merry Christmas To All !

I received a third reality nightlight today, got it all setup and it all of the functions seem to be working (motion, luminescence, switch). Two things I noticed that I’m wondering if anyone has experience with is, sometimes when I change the color of the RGB light, the light turns off. The device still reports it as on but I have to either press “on” again or press “set color” again and it will come back on and set the correct color.

The other thing I noticed is that the “flash” function does not work. If I press flash when the led is on, nothing happens. If I press flash when the led is off the led will come on dim but not flash.

has anyone else experienced the same issues?

The firmware of the nightlight is 130D-0000-00000032
And
The software of the nightlight is v0.00.50

Thank you all and happy new year!

Is it the matter or zigbee version?

I can confirm this has happened to me quite a few times now with the zigbee version.

I also noticed that oddities like this pop up when using either the bulb or color bulb dashboard tile.

I apologize, it’s the Zigbee version.

I noticed that this happens if you set the level to the same level that it is currently set to, the light goes out. If the light is on and press on again in the device details page, the light goes out. If you set the color to the same color that the light is already set at, the light goes out.

Strange, doesn't happen to mine. My rule turns it on and sets level at 10% and it stays on.

I'm really unimpressed by this device. I've tried to use it as an indicator and it's unreliable. Even from the device page you have to set a color multiple times. Example: if it's currently white and you send a set color to red, it goes off. You send it again and it comes on red. Set it to white and it goes off again. You have to send a second "on" or set color to get it to turn back on. I don't know why this got good reviews on here, because it seems terrible.

I don't see a way to update firmware, in case that's the problem.

Suggestions before I send this to the closet of forgetfulness?

Device type:

I haven't had that problem at all. Color sets work well as I have it different colors with different brightness depending on the time of night...