Nice wall panel from Sonoff on Kickstarter

This looks like a great piece of kit, for a reasonable price. I would love to have something like this for Hubitat.

http://kck.st/3apm3Ll

Too small to be useful for very much, in my opinion. And seems to be a euro-centric form factor (?) which doesn't help us in the US.

3 Likes

Any cheap android tablet running Hubitat Android Dashboard app.

Well I ordered two of them. Nice little gadget.

Also it needs to replace a light switch that has a neutral, which makes it hard to use in a UK home.

2 Likes

Even cheaper is a pay-as-you-go cell phone without the data plan on wall. I have a couple that I paid about $20 for and the NSPanel appears to be about same size.

Or, if you still have an old cell phone..... Hubitat dashboards don't need the latest and greatest Android OS.

FYI - Looks like it comes in both a EU and US configuration - the specs show a NSPanel-EU and a NSPanel-US model.

2 Likes

The EU version is supposed to be able to fit in an EU junctionbox.
Seeing the picture of the device, I think it will have a fitting issue.
In the Netherlands 99% of all homes have round and not so deep junction boxes.

We will see if it fits, and if not, time to have an excuse to get larger boxes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see that now! I didn't scroll all the way to the bottom. :slight_smile:

I went ahead and got 2x to play with. Really not sure I would use them, but will give me something to do.

Well saw a video this morning (the one mentioned in this post) and the ESP32 fuses are not blown, at least the one he had, so you will be able to basically flash the device with custom software, this could potentially be something interesting.

1 Like

Agreed, if it would run a browser ok for a custom or HE dashboard and we could access the buttons from HE then it could be quite a cool device.

1 Like

Anyone been able to link it with Hubitat? Also what are peoples opinions who bought it? Worth getting?

1 Like

Still no Hubitat integration for this?

1 Like