NFC Help

Trying to use NFC. Can someone help me how to create an NFC tag. I have Android with NFC tools but don't know how to do it.

I want to create a rule turn off on lamp with NFC

What app are you using to record the NFC tag? The easiest way is to use Maker API. When you tag the NFC, you send the command from the NFC via Maker API. Alternatively, you can use a webhook via Rules Machine.

1 Like

Try this

I use "NFC Tools 8.7" Android to write the nfc tag. But I don't know how to do it. Someone who can easily explain what I should choose in NFC tools to write a tag that I can use in Hubitat. And a simple rule showing how I build the rule. A switch on and off is enough. Thank you most humbly

Head over to this thread. It's an ugly thread but the info is all there.

The links provided by me and @jnosa899 will show you how to create the end point needed to turn the light on and off.

In NFC Tools you will need to do the following

Go to the TASKS menu

Click on Add a task

Click on Networks

Scroll down until you see HTTP Get

Paste the end point you created in rule machine in in the Request: box (use the link provided to see how to get the end point in rule machine)

Click OK. Next write it to the tag and you should be good to go.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Exactly what I was looking for. A big thank you to you, this is how to explain a solution!

Do you know if it is possible to create a tag that is not linked to the phone program. So that you can use any NFC phone? Thank you so much for your reply earlier. //Gustav

No problem.
It should work with most NFC readers; I just tried it on an old Nexus 6P running Android 8.1 and a OnePlus 3T running Android 9 neither having the NFC tool app on them, both worked without a problem.

It is good if the phone or the tablet has NFC when testing. Searched like crazy why does it only work with my phone......Doh!!!! Thank you very much for your answers they really helped me.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.