Next gen hub should support BLE

Yes, but you were rebooting the hub over the Internet by cycling a power plug. The original premise of this thread was to use BLE for this purpose when the network is down.

1 Like

Just pointing out an alternative. HE BLE support doesn't exist now and might never be added. Rather than speculate about how to do this with a feature that doesn't exist, there are alternatives that allow us to do this now.

EDIT: Also meant to add that the Web Power Switch allow you to automatically periodically ping a node on the local network and power cycle any of the 8 outlets.

2 Likes

Seems the best opinion is a zigbee ping rm option

Or NR.

I used to have an issue with my Ring doorbell not always connecting properly to my WiFi, even when I had a WiFi range extender between the router and the doorbell. I resolved the issue by having the range extender powered through a WiFi switch. Every morning, the switch would cut power to the range extender and then restore power 1 minute later. I never again had an issue with the doorbell losing its connection other than the 1 minute scheduled downtime,

I think my router reboots itself each week. That is why it is best to reserve IP addresses for specific devices such as your Hubitat hub. You do not want the reboot to change the IP address.

You can set up a rule to reboot your Hubitat hub periodically as well. However, unless you have a specific issue, it might not be necessary. I do not reboot my hub routinely.

1 Like