Newest HE phone app & HE hub presence feature

Up to this point, for presence detection, I've been using the
Life360 and the HE app Life360+, but is really laggy these days.

I'm looking to get a faster response time, when I leave or come home.

I've updated my C-7 hub to the latest firmware (ver 2.3.9.157) and installed the newest Android phone HE App.

When the phone app initially connected to my C-7 hub, it properly identified the only "Mobile App Device" I have, which is my android.

The Geofence & location permission sharing features (in the app) are enabled, and set properly.
It indicates in/out of fence area properly. No issues there.

Now, in the hubs device (My phone), it has the "presence" state that is out of sync w/ the phones value. There is no "Refresh" feature in the hubs device settings page.

Since I'm inside the fence, and my phone is connected to my LAN, I would think, all the variables would sync up, but their not.

I'm thinking this is a cloud function that's not connecting the dots.

How do I connect/sync the HE hubs "Mobile App Device" presence attribute to the phones Geofence in/out setting?

2 Likes

Have you left and/or entered the geofence since? I think it only sends an update when the status changes.

1 Like

I'm with @stephen_nutt on this one, I think you will need to go out and back in the zone for it to update. The old app had a way to resend it if I'm not mistaking, maybe if you click on the cog wheel on the geofence page and hit save, this might send it again? Worth a try.

Yes I did, for about 30 min. There's no refresh time setting like there was in Life360.

The phone app works perfectly, stating in/out of fence zone properly...To test this, I also changed the hubs loaction away from the phones location, and that too, reported properly.

Is there a specific hub driver or app I need to install that pings a cloud server?

Sort of like the life360+ app that sync'ed w/ the Life360 cloud data server.
Until Life360 changed their api, it worked great.
It was reasonably quick to pass circle transitions, etc.
I really like the latitude, longitude & distance data.
When a family member traveled by air, I set up an alert to let me know when their distance value, instantly changed by more than 50 miles. That told me they landed & took their phone out of airplane mode.

"If you're looking for a presence tracking app that offers most of the features you find in Life360 and the HE app Life360+, you should check out OwnTracks for Hubitat Presence Detection.

1 Like

Agree...as they say "This is the way." :wink:

The connection between the mobile app and Hub is still not getting the fencing in/out status. I wonder if the app can be adjusted to either send a web hook, txt msg, email , etc upon transition to let the hub know the lat./ long. data of the mobile phone.

I'm finding this as well. I am wanting to at least try the new app as a replacement for the life360 situation.

Also tagging @user3420 - this may apply to your situations.

4 Likes