Newby needs help connecting Linear Garage Door

I purchased a home that already had a Linear z wave device connected to the Garage door opener, as well as Z wave front door lock and thermostat. Unfortunatley this was all connected to a Vivint security Panel. We no longer pay for their service, and it is proving to be difficult to access/disconnect anything from the panel.

Long story short I just got my Hubitat and would like to connect it to my garage door and front door lock. However, when I go into the Hubitat dashboard no z wave devices are discovered.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Have you excluded the three devices yet?

I can't seem to figure out how to do that from the vivint panel. It appears it only shows me what z wave devices are connected and would allow me to rename them. I can't find an option to exclude, delete, etc.

Download the device manuals. Put them into pairing mode and exclude them using Hubitat.

I was actually able to remove to garage door from Vivint. Logged in with installer code and removed node for garage door. However, then I ran inclusion mode from Hubitat dashboard and pressed the pairing button on the linear z wave but still wasn't discovered by hubitat.

You need to set the DEVICE into exclude mode, you will need manuals for both devices they will tell you how to put them into exclude and the join mode.

I was able to exclude it from habitat dashboard ("unknown z wave device excluded") and linear beeped with red light. Tried to run inclusion mode, pressed the link button on the linear but hubtit didn't find it.

Because it needs to pair using secure zwave, you should have the Hubitat very close to it during pairing (like 1-2 feet away)

OK, this is probably a stupid question so forgive me. How do I accomplish that? I don't have a lan port in my garage to take the HE out there. Do i need to uninstall the Linear from my opener and bring it inside?

Yup. Or a really long ethernet cord.

Once its paired, it will be fine, as long as you have a stable z-wave mesh with sufficient z-wave repeaters. For your lock, it is important that the repeaters support z-wave beaming.

Ok, sorry for all the questions but I have one more. I actually do have a really long ethernet cord. If I get the HE out to the garage and pair it. Will the pair hold once I take the HE back inside and hook it up somewhere else?

Once its paired, it will be fine, as long as you have a stable z-wave mesh with sufficient z-wave repeaters. For your lock, it is important that the repeaters support z-wave beaming.

I will give that a try. Thanks again, really appreciate it!