Newbie q - which driver for Fibaro RGBW Controller?

Hey all,

I'm in the process of migrating a crapload (around 70) devices from SmartThings to Hubitat . I have a few Fibaro RGBW controllers and i've been having issues with the built in device, as well as a bunch of others i've found online.

what's the best Fibaro RGBW controller device driver? on SmartThings i was using this ST DTH' before: SmartThings/devices/fibaro-rgbw-controller at master · codersaur/SmartThings · GitHub

the issues i've been seeing with the built-in device driver not responding other than to run the presets. and i cannot get it to just turn onto a static color. any recommendations would be appreciated.

side topic optional - what do y'all use to control these types of devices since there isn't any custom dashboard tiles to handle this? do you just use the device control?

@spike I think @AwShifts will answer this question on the thread which @AwShifts created:

@spike you've got your answer on the other thread: it is a built-in system driver

and it doesn’t answer my question. i’ve already stated i’ve tried the built in and seen issues.
i appreciate your helpful attempts at solving my issue but you haven’t. if you’ve not used this controller / driver your answer is just muddying up this and the other thread.

@spike sorry for misunderstanding. In that case, I cant help.

i finally have something more working than before - i did the following:

• removed the controller from HE
  • performed the steps to reset the controller
  • re-added controller to HE

its still not 100% where i thought i would be but its workable for now.

What kind of issues are you still having?

I was originally going to get the Fibaro RGBW dimmers but ended up getting the Zooz RGBW dimmers after picking them up during a sale. Unfortunately I have 6 of them and they have been extremely problematic for me. Sometimes colors don’t change, sometimes the white channel comes on when it shouldn’t, sometimes the color channel comes on when it shouldn’t, sometimes the built-in effects don’t work. I picked these up after I switched from ST so I can’t compare to how well they worked. Curious if it’s the Zooz dimmers or if you are having similar issues, maybe it’s something in the HE implementation of these types of devices.

I have Fibaro, Qubino, and now Zooz.

For the Fibaro, I'm using the built in Fibaro driver.
For the Qubino, I'm using the built in Fibaro driver.
For the Zooz, I'm using the built-in Zooz driver.

One Qubino drives LEDs around the youngest child's monitor for WebCam lighting.
One Zooz drives LEDs around the eldest child's monitor for WebCam lighting.
One Qubino drives 30' of LED under the eaves above my garage doors.

Both WebCam lights come on at 8am in their favorite color each morning. The Garage Door lights come on at a fixed color each evening and then at 9PM they go on a random color 'dance' at 5-15min interval. I've noticed no faults with any... The WebCam lights are a month old, but the garage door light is over a year old. The Qubino is in the open, but also under the eave, so there's no direct sun or rain, but it's otherwise unprotected.

Thanks for the info! Curious how you are alternating the colors for your garage lights. It seems that one of my current challenges, besides unexpected colors, is that a rule I have to turn on and set the colors frequently causes all of my zwave devices to become unresponsive. I have to shutdown and power cycle the hub. Are you using Rule Machine or something else?

I just have a "Rule" for between sunset and 9pm and then another "Rule" for 9PM to 11PM

The first just sets a fixed color (Hue, Saturation, Level.)

The second rule just picks a random color (hue).

I've had this for such a long time that my RuleMachine Rules are ancient.. they are v2.5, which you may not even know existed. :slight_smile: (We're currently on RM v4.)

It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 1.00.09 PM

However, in the past couple of weeks, I disabled those Rules and migrated the action to Node-Red... just because I wanted the 'challenge'.

I have a 15" left over piece of LED strip and an extra Zooz, and I build a Node-Red flow to have some fun. At least some percentage of the "Fun" was the cris-cross of the 'wires' :smiley:

I assume you don't have Node-Red but here's the flow anyway...

Flow Code

[{"id":"fe0caf98.b14808","type":"function","z":"d7675fce.d4ce8","name":"random rgb","func":"var hue = parseInt(Math.random()*99 +1, 10);\n\n//msg = {};\nmsg.arguments = '{\"hue\":' + hue + ',\"saturation\":100,\"level\":88}';\n\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":690,"y":3760,"wires":[["231c378f.70fb28","1067876a.6ff8a9","27c5e1b2.c5d1be"]]},{"id":"231c378f.70fb28","type":"delay","z":"d7675fce.d4ce8","name":"Random Delay","pauseType":"random","timeout":"5","timeoutUnits":"minutes","rate":"1","nbRateUnits":"1","rateUnits":"second","randomFirst":"5","randomLast":"12","randomUnits":"seconds","drop":false,"x":700,"y":3840,"wires":[["fe0caf98.b14808"]]},{"id":"1067876a.6ff8a9","type":"hubitat command","z":"d7675fce.d4ce8","name":"Zooz RGBW Dimmer-color random","server":"365aba51.f34af6","deviceId":"121","command":"setColor","commandArgs":"","x":1140,"y":3760,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"27c5e1b2.c5d1be","type":"debug","z":"d7675fce.d4ce8","d":true,"name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","x":930,"y":3720,"wires":[]},{"id":"4a5e1dce.77ba8c","type":"inject","z":"d7675fce.d4ce8","name":"","topic":"","payload":"on","payloadType":"str","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":310,"y":3760,"wires":[["fe0caf98.b14808"]]},{"id":"9bb94e3c.85456","type":"inject","z":"d7675fce.d4ce8","name":"","topic":"","payload":"reset","payloadType":"str","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":308,"y":3840,"wires":[["5451887b.9dd86"]]},{"id":"5451887b.9dd86","type":"change","z":"d7675fce.d4ce8","name":"stop","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"reset","pt":"msg","to":"reset","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":456,"y":3840,"wires":[["231c378f.70fb28"]]},{"id":"365aba51.f34af6","type":"hubitat config","z":"","name":"SixthHubitat","usetls":false,"host":"192.168.7.62","port":"80","appId":"3","nodeRedServer":"http://192.168.7.129:1880","webhookPath":"/hubitat/webhook6","autoRefresh":true,"useWebsocket":false}]

Once I was happy I duplicated that into a "late" garage door flow.

1 Like

Thanks very much, really appreciate all of your help! I’m going to play around with it some more. I heard about Node-Red when I briefly looked into HA before choosing HE, I didn’t know it was supported here.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.