Newbie here: Procedure to add Aqara water sensor to Hubitat C8

I just got my HE and trying to figure things out. I want to add Aqara water sensors to HE.

Is there a particular procedure to add the Aqara sensors?

Or

Do I need to add the sensors to the Aqara hub and then bring the Aqara hub into HE if this is even possible?

I have added the EcoNet Bulldog water valve shutoff and want to add the Aqara sensors.

I am trying to use HE but if necessary I will bring everything into HomeKit and do my work there but again I would like to do all this in HE

I tried adding the sensor via the add zigbee but it does see it and times out. I reset the sensor nut not sure how to get them in since they are not being recognized.

Thank you

Hi Ed,

Aqara devices are tricky to be paired directly to HE. Most of the Aqara Zigbee devices are not officially supported in Hubitat because they use non-standard Zigbee commands implementation and a lot of 'specifics' that make keeping them connected not very easy. This applies not only for Hubitat, but also for almost all other popular home automation systems (except Aqara own hubs, of course .. ). Can you try to identify what model you have exactly - see the example here.

Update: I noticed just now that you can not pair thisAqara water sensor to you hub (I suppose it is C-8)....

At the moment, the possibility you have is to integrate it via HomeKit - make a virtual switch in Hubitat, expose it to HomeKit and in Apple Home make an automation to flip the HE virtual switch on/off depending on the sensor state.

1 Like

Thank you.

It is a C8..is this something that eventually be worked out on the C8?

The sensor model for your information is sjcgq11lm.

Thank you for the suggestion I will try this dummy button option. Now back to the C8 to find this option to add.