Newbie getting an error

I am very new to Hubitat but I am an experienced Home Automator including, Insteon hub, ISY, Homeseer and other hubs.

I can see that Hubitat is the future so I am diving in. I am at the experimental stage and I am trying to setup a button event but it keep giving me this error (from the logs).

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Child app not found for namespace: hubitat and name: Button Rule-5.0a

And the log says.

app:1302021-09-12 12:57:03.083 pm errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: hubitat.exception.NotFoundException: Child app not found for namespace: hubitat and name: Button Rule-5.0a (mainPage)

Any ideas how to solve this?

At what point does this error occur? After you've loaded the button controller app and when you're trying to create a new button controller? (Screen shot would be handy if one is readily available.)

I think you need to describe the steps needed to get this error.

Also, what brand, model, and type of device are you trying to use for this button controller?

When I am creating a new Botton.

Just so I start from the Beginning. I removed button controllers and then reinstalled it.

• Click on Create New button controller-5.0...
    I add the button press and the actions and now it works.

I did reboot it so that might be what helped.

Thanks you everyone from your assistance. I am sure this will not be my last post.

2 Likes

Yep, the issue you described has been reported a few times after hub firmware updates that bump the "version"/name of built-in apps (as one of the 2.2.8.x updates did with Button Controller child apps), and a reboot has fixed it in every case I've heard of so far. Glad you got it working!

3 Likes

Thank you for the response.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.