New Zooz ZEN16 Multirelay

I was about to edit my post with that URL! :grinning:

1 Like

Their support system seems to be either overwhelmed or down? I keep getting stuck on "submitting" and it never goes any further.

Anyone else?

1 Like

They may be getting slammed with firmware requests now that there is a way to do this in HE

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting that, I was able to replicate it so hopefully, we'll address it shortly. In the meantime, feel free to send the requests to ask@getzooz.com directly!

@dman2306 and anyone else looking for a firmware update for the ZEN30 switch, the OTA file is finally available :slight_smile: Just in case the support portal isn't accepting your request, PM me with your email and we'll send you the file.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I ordered two of these devices and replaced my old sprinkler timer with them (I have 5 zones). In the end, the total solution did cost more than some of the COTS products you can get from the big box stores, but I wanted a solution where I would have completed autonomy from within my home on my Hubitat.

Parts List:

1. 2x Zooz Zen16
  2. 1x Orbit 57095 Outdoor-Mounted Controller Timer Box Cover
  3. 1x UL Listed] Chanzon 12V 2A 24W AC DC Switching Power Supply Adapter (Comes with 2 adapters)
  4. Wires

Here are some pictures:
I have a few more, but here is me wiring it up (The block in the top wasn't used in the end. The way I was going to wire it from the plan versus what I ended up with were different

Put together.

I have configured each zone individually to turn on, and not in a single schedule (so I can disable each zone individually if I need to without having to edit the schedule). Because of this, there is the potential issue of two zones being on at the same time if I mess up a schedule. Due to this, I created a trigger for each zone that will disable all others that may be running once a sprinkler turns on.

The next step is to install these: [APIELE[3 year warranty] 16mm Momentary Push Button Switch On Off Stainless Steel with 12V LED Angel Eye Head for 16 0.63" Mounting Hole with Wire Socket Plug Self-reset (White)

I want one per zone so I can manually turn on each zone at the box and not have to use an app.

2 Likes

Very Slick!

Does anyone know how to get this device in Canada? @agnes.zooz?

Amazon has it.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0846DZJD8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_eBwQEbDM8SNW6

1 Like

Thanks Gavin, not sure how I missed that!!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Any one have experience running these in a detached, unheated garage? I’m in the north east, so not sure how well they might do with colder temperatures.

From the spec sheet:

Operating Temperature: 32 - 104° F (0 - 40° C)

I typically find that the specs are safety figures.. So you will probably get wider ranges.. But this is what it is rated for

"Obvious for the engineers, not so obvious to us regular users"

I'm an engineer and can say that it was not obvious! I totally thought this meant contact behavior :rofl: Anyways, thank you for posting this information and working with this community of users. I'll try to update firmware.

1 Like

Anyone figure out if you can monitor the switch inputs without controlling the relay? I know you can turn off manual mode, but I would like to use those inputs to monitor other things like a contact switch (and not affect the relay). I don't see a way to just monitor the input.

Goal is to monitor inputs from from three devices in a barn(door sensors), but relays are only controlled by HE for items like a heat lamp, fan etc. unrelated to the switch inputs.

Thanks.

There's currently no way to separate the inputs from the outputs on the ZEN16. You can do that on the Fortrezz Mimo device though.

Well it's 4 months later and I still haven't done this project, but this week!

So just to clarify one more time:

I have an existing 240V 20A circuit wired to a single outlet for my GPU mining rig.
I want to put a smart switch and power monitoring into this setup.

So if I unhook the wires going to the existing switch (2 hots, one ground) and hook them to this relay and then run new wire from the relay to the existing switch - this will allow me to do what I need safely?

I assume I will mount this in some additional box attached to the wall connected via conduit to the existing switch.

Thanks for any prompt reply

The ZEN16 doesn't monitor power so it sounds like it's not the best fit here. You could explore the Aeotec Heavy Duty Switch here but you'd need to get in touch with their support for wiring details.

If I omit the power monitoring need (I am considering doing a multi-circuit CT based power monitoring system), would the remainder of what I describe be OK?

If the switch you currently have is connected to power on one terminal and to the load on the other terminal, then you would take these 2 and connect them to the R3 terminals on the ZEN16. You would leave the ground on your existing wall switch and connect the now empty terminals on the switch to the switch terminals (Sw3) on the ZEN16 MultiRelay. Please remember to turn the power off at the breaker when handling the wires and consult a licensed electrician if you're not sure about any of the above described steps, including identifying each wire in the installation.

The ZEN16 also needs a low-voltage power source, it cannot be powered by 120 V.