New Zigbee light switch

The Hue button was added to compatible devices. The Xiaomi switch has a community driver. It’s the same one the I use for the Xiaomi relays. Should work.

They are seen as switches.

The listing for these for the UK version say that SmartThings can only control the first gang but Hue can control all 3. I'm not sure why that would be the case but it definitely gives me pause.

Not sure I am using the right driver then, as it is not seen as a switch. I am using
[Aqara Wall Switch (QBKG03LM, QBKG04LM, no neutral) ] so it calls itself a switch....

I will look at the ABC app.

What driver is the device using?

I'm using this driver. I thought it was the same, but I see now that it says (QBKG11LM, QBKG12LM, neutral) in the driver, so maybe I'm mistaken. Sorry about that.

[Edit] Is this the driver you're using? The child devices should be controllable as a switch.

1 Like

I don't have something that uses that exact driver, but @guyeeba is the author of both. I can load the drivers and create a rule, so it should work.

Make sure you added his Generic Switch driver code. You need that.

Here's a Rule Machine example

Here's an ABC example

1 Like

^^^this.

Add this driver to App Code, then set the Number of buttons, push the Recreate Child Devices and Configure in the device. One or two (based on the number of buttons) child switches should be created, and sending on/off commands to those child switches should control the relays. At least this is how it's working for me. :slight_smile:

In Devices it should look like this:

3 Likes

you folks are Rock Stars! Thank you. :grin:

Its working. I need to rewrite a few rules to pull these lights into the groups, and I can do away with some individual bulbs now. makes everything so much simpler!

I was wondering what the child parts did... makes perfect sense. I completely missed how to put it together.

1 Like

To be clear Péter (@guyeeba) is the Rock Star. I'm just a groupie that's been to enough shows, so I know how to get back stage. :wink:

1 Like

Well, I am still in the wrong concert ! Your help has told me which stadium to be in ... (sorry I love cheesy puns and stuff)

1 Like

Ok, changed a few rules, thinking it would be better to change from bulbs in a group to a switch, and there is up to a 4 second delay now between the "Standard lamp" (Ikea bulb) turning on and the first wall switch, then a further 23 seconds before the next switch turns on.

If I have the bulbs turning on and off themselves, then it negates the switch... but is faster.

Is this just a case of the speed the code runs, and the order it runs in (All in the same room as the hub) or can is there something else I am missing?

(see... different concert!)

Odd. Instant for me with the relay. Can you post your rule please?

Is there a delay when you press on/off on the device page of the switch?

I have only one switch of this kind, and it can be slow (even though it's mains powered, it's a sleepy end device, not a router - as far as I remember), but the worst delay I ever experienced was about 2 seconds, not 4, or 23...

1 Like

sorry not 23 but 2-3 seconds. And yes, when I click the switch in the child device it does pause a couple of seconds. Also, one happens, and then the other.

All mine are instant using the ABC mapping. I have a double switch which is wired to an overhead light but the second switch turns on and off a hue bulb, by the hue light I also have a Philips button which when pressed toggles the wall switch and is Instant.

Hi Guys,

Apologise in advance if this has been answered above. But just wondering if someone can confirm if this zigbee switch will work with HE?
if someone has purchased it can confirm then that'd be great. Also does it have temperature sensor like aqara? Thanks

(ZIGBEE VERSION)

Huh. I wonder if there's a battery in them. Maybe they don't leech power from the load, and instead use a battery like a typical sleepy end device.

I don't know the reason of the delay, but the QBKG11LM and QBKG12LM switches (the ones that require both live and neutral wires) are routers, and are not suffering from this issue...

1 Like

Strange, I have got the Philips remote working, for some reason the aqara double button that I have that is wireless is not showing the number of buttons it has on the ABC controller, so my first test failed.
The Phillips has all 4 buttons picked up so I assigned an Ikea bulb and both wall switches to button 4.

It takes up to 5 seconds to turn all 3 items on or off. If I take off the lamp, that responds fastest, the two switches are still slow, so I guess it must be the hardware.