New Zigbee light switch

Anybody purchased one of these yet?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yagusmart-Neutral-Required-Compatible-Function/dp/B07ZM3CBHP/ref=pd_lutyp_crtyp_simh_2_2/262-6597183-3237966?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07ZM2RDZT&pd_rd_r=b5befbfe-34e1-4bf9-92aa-b6af4dc2d040&pd_rd_w=hWp6c&pd_rd_wg=mrAuz&pf_rd_p=7e064437-af76-4a47-8aae-7f4fb5fc88c6&pf_rd_r=JVDDJXTQJEEATK8MXD38&refRID=JVDDJXTQJEEATK8MXD38&th=1

It might work with the generic zigbee switch.

Look like these Tuya switches so probably wont work with the built in drivers but should be easy enough to pull one together.

Those are Wifi...not zigbee. So, they may look the same but they are not.

Looks like they do a Zigbee model as well.

1 Like

I'm confused by this listing...the title says:
Lonsonho Zigbee Tuya Wifi Smart Switch

Is it zigbee or wifi? I wouldn't trust a listing that can't even get the headline right. The listing also says:

wifi:2.4G b/g/n

nothing bout zigbee.

What's confusing ?

Yagusmart Zigbee Smart Wall Light Switch, NO Neutral Wire Required, Works with Zigbee hub, Compatible with Alexa and Google Home, IFTTT, App Remote Control, Timing Function, Voice Control (3 Gang)

That is not the listing I was referring to. I was referring to the listing from Aliexpress, which has both Zigbee and wifi referenced all over the place.

I've put the zigbee references in red and the wifi in blue. Is that clear to you?

Again....you assume that someone is wrong without even reading the post. You can clearly see that mine doesn't match yours based on the brand of the product. Maybe you should be listen a little more before jumping to conclusions.

1 Like

Nope I didn't assume anything. I saw the last post and didn't read the others. But the OP linked directly to the amazon product which says Zigbee so I don't know why anyone is confused.

The last post was the one I was referring to.

The brands are not the same. So, clearly you didn't read very carefully.

OP pointed to this product which has nothing to do with Wifi.

And then the OP linked to this listing.

Which is the one I was referring to. Scott, I don't understand why you can't accept that you were wrong to say that I was incorrect. I'm not asking you to admit it, I'm not asking for a miracle, but clearly you can see what I was talking about and that it does in-fact talk about wifi. So, why keep going trying to say that I'm wrong?

I was wrong

2 Likes

Now to get back to the original post question the Zigbee switch that was linked too should work with the generic zigbee switch as I stated above.

Yes....I think we've covered that already. And no one is disputing that fact. I agree with you, it should work fine with the generic zigbee driver, baring anything totally crazy going on. But, I have serious doubts about the second one that has been linked to twice now based on what the listing is displaying. Until that is clarified I would not recommend buying that switch.

1 Like

Looks aren't the same as in how it functions. The OP wants to use zigbee as stated thus WiFi is a moot point, right ?

@peter I would stick with the Zigbee for now even though a driver could be written for the WiFi device it probably won't be done anytime soon.

It's not a moot point when someone linked to what could arguably be a wifi device. I give up.

we have very few multi endpoint zigbee drivers, the only driver currently capable of this is the Nue zigbee switch driver, it will support 1 to N separate endpoints, it was written specifically for the Nue devices, which are slightly funky in their configuration, so this specific device may or may not work with this driver.

Almost any zigbee device will work with hubitat, whether it works straight out of the box or not is another matter.

2 Likes

The product description for the 'Yagusmart Zigbee Smart Wall Light Switch' indicates that these switches are Wifi and not Zigbee. I don't think the seller knows what they are selling.

Spelling seems to be an issue also.

The fact that this has support for Tuya/Smart Life almost confirms that it is a Wifi device, as correct me if i'm wrong, but all Tuya/Smart Life devices are Wifi.

These switches probably work very well on Wifi, but if its Zigbee devices your after, these are not right for you.

Exactly my point. What's scary though is the giant zigbee logo on the listing.