New Zigbee light switch

Correct

Rule of thumb for unknown, if it works with HE, is it should pair 99% of the time.... now if it functions is the sticky part. I use a generic driver first and if that doesn't work I just go down the line. If all else fails return to Amazon !

I don't think they'll accept returns for items bought on Aliexpress. But I've never tried...so I could be wrong.

It was a blanket statement not meant to be taken literally Ryan.

Neither was mine, Scott.

Peter, did you find a good replacement for a dumb UK light switch yet? I just bought one of these, as a 2 gang to try:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264404132486?ul_noapp=true
And it says only switch 1 is controlable in the manual. On questioning the seller I get:

the manual have wirte, only control the L1 first light, others are not be controlled,
the Philips Hue can control all, thank you.

so wondering if I should have a go. also got one of these on order:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xiaomi-Aqara-Smart-Light-Switch-ZiGBee-Wireless-Double-Key-Fire-Wire-Zero-Line-N/223739200486?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=522452273779&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I am using the Aqara no neutral switches for lighting, they have been 100% reliable and work well with HE and can just be wired directly as a replacement for our UK light switches, I have put double ones in even if there is only one light switch as if one is powered then the other works and can be used as another switch to perform some other task. They are the QBKG03LM and 04LM models and use the driver from guyee. The only hassle I have is with the battery powered wireless ones WXKG03LM which are great for putting in a secondary switch where there is no wiring but they randomly drop off. The powered ones have never dropped. I have done a self made switch which is made from a retractive button and used the Philips button innards and wired them into the switch, this works well but does need a back box. See this article New Philips devices

1 Like

Without wishing to open a hornet's nest given the thread above, I have noticed a few times on Aliexpress a range of devices and now a hub too that refer to Tuya and state zigbee and WiFi. In their specification details they often refer to zigbee specifically. And it seems that Tuya now do a zigbee hub (again it refers to WiFi but I believe this is related to connectivity of the hub back to the Internet rather than that it supports WiFi devices). Here is a link and if you check the specification/details it again explicitly states Zigbee 3.0...

#Aliexpress THB 622.65 30%OFF | ZigBee Smart Gateway Hub Tuya APP Wireless/Wired WiFi ZigBee3.0 Smart Household Bridge Control Centor Fully Compatible Hub
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d6zosGp

So I think it's likely that devices that state Tuya Zigbee probably work with this hub and hence likely could be made to work with Hubitat. There are for sure other options without this level of confusion, so as many have stated above it's probably best to stick with those. But I'm just posting this in case others spot such products in the future and search for clarification. Maybe I or someone else will buy one of the Tuya zigbee/wifi listed products and try it to get to the bottom of this intrigue! :sweat_smile:

Peter, I have had 3 failed attempt to buy the WXKG03LM now, being sent WXKG02LM (battery ones) each time from Aliexpress and Ebay. Decided its me :thinking: Added: That ebay item above sent me the WXKG02LM none wired unit.
In all this I am a bit confused about what the role of the Zero line is. I assume that if that is the one you have fitted, its OK and read neutral for zero not earth. Is that right, its really a neutral?
googling seems little help. I am probably searching for the wrong thing!

Angus.. sounds like a hornets nest to me!!

It's the single firewire you want if you don't have a neutral wire going to the light switch, these models are the ones QBKG03LM and 04LM thats double key and single key respectively. These have the live in and for the double switch two lives out, you have to have a load on at least one ,

GOT ONE!
finally arrived today, and its fitted, and working. I can use the action of pressing a button to switch on other lights, but I was hoping to be able to use a Phillips remote or other button/condition to make this little beauty turn the lights on and off.
But I cannot seem to work out the logic of how?
Do I have to set up a virtual switch? Or can I trigger it somehow?

With Rule Machine. Button is the trigger, switch is the action. Or use @stephack β€˜s Advanced Button Controller (ABC) app.

Is the device exposed as a button controller? Wouldn't you need to know what driver the device was using before you can say that?

The Hue button was added to compatible devices. The Xiaomi switch has a community driver. It’s the same one the I use for the Xiaomi relays. Should work.

They are seen as switches.

The listing for these for the UK version say that SmartThings can only control the first gang but Hue can control all 3. I'm not sure why that would be the case but it definitely gives me pause.

Not sure I am using the right driver then, as it is not seen as a switch. I am using
[Aqara Wall Switch (QBKG03LM, QBKG04LM, no neutral) ] so it calls itself a switch....

I will look at the ABC app.

What driver is the device using?

I'm using this driver. I thought it was the same, but I see now that it says (QBKG11LM, QBKG12LM, neutral) in the driver, so maybe I'm mistaken. Sorry about that.

[Edit] Is this the driver you're using? The child devices should be controllable as a switch.

1 Like

I don't have something that uses that exact driver, but @guyeeba is the author of both. I can load the drivers and create a rule, so it should work.

Make sure you added his Generic Switch driver code. You need that.

Here's a Rule Machine example

Here's an ABC example

1 Like

^^^this.

Add this driver to App Code, then set the Number of buttons, push the Recreate Child Devices and Configure in the device. One or two (based on the number of buttons) child switches should be created, and sending on/off commands to those child switches should control the relays. At least this is how it's working for me. :slight_smile:

In Devices it should look like this:

3 Likes