New Xiaomi Aqara Relay 2 channel

lol. I just realized how funny it is...

Only end devices (contact sensor, buttons, temperature sensors...) send their parent router ID, and this relay is a router. The code in the DTH is just a side effect of a copy-paste. :slight_smile:

I'm glad it works for you.

Yes working fantastic, thank you again Peter

Okay, I tried this aqara Dual relay just now. Tried a great value LED bulb (Walmart brand) a lasko wind machine fan on all 3 speeds, and the mother of all loads, the blow dryer ON HIGH SPEED.
pulled 1600 Watts through this relay with zero issues. The relay did not get at all warm, and controlled all loads perfectly.
Tagging @veeceeoh as he was wondering about how bad it Hertz, and the 50 hz rating did not affect any devices I tested. This relay is solid and is a zigbee repeater. Time will tell if it's a good repeater for xiaomi devices. The power rating in the device page is an overall one, you can't monitor each of the relays individually, at least not with the driver I'm using. Probably a device limitation.
Here's a screenshot with blow dryer running. Power looks good, but energy is wacked, unless it's some crazy units I don't understand. Oh and the temperature, it's so cold here I have booger icicles -JK the temperature is actually 70 here, so not sure where -8 comes from in the pic below

1 Like

I've just found a coupon to bring the price of this Aqara relay down to $17.99 on Bang good.

Put this in your cart: Xiaomi Aqara LLKZMK11LM Two-way Control Module

Then use coupon code (in the check out page): BG1855M

1 Like

Thanks! Not bad considering it’s capabilities.

Do you happen to know if these are isolated dry contacts? Can you measure any voltage leaks across the contacts? Was going to use HubDuino, but if the contacts are isolated dry, I might just use this to trigger one of my iSmart Alarm fobs to give me direct, local Arm/Disarm capability.

Hello, could you add to turn off the logs of this device and child devices? Thanks.

This schematic is a joke. Anybody have any english documentation?

25%20PM

It's not shorted there for sure....

1 Like

Love this product shot. Looks so normal and safe! :rofl:

28%20PM

2 Likes

I don't know if this helps or makes it worse, LOL. seriously, glad to help if you have questions. I hooked up two of these.Screenshot_20190601-211041_Chrome|525x500

1 Like

WARNING! This dual relay does not support dry contacts. Removing the red jumper will still give mains voltages between the IN terminals and the Neutral. These are not isolated contacts. I would only recommend the use of this relay for mains powered devices.

Two mains voltage loads, but no manual activation

Two mains voltage loads, plus manual activation

This review explains a lot, even if you don't speak the language.

If anyone cannot get the Bang good deal that @veeceeoh posted for any reason, then Gearbest has a decent price reduction on them right now. AliExpress has a better price than Gearbest, but I've had no delivery issues with Gearbest or Bang good. Cannot say the same for AliExpress. I got the product from them, but it took 4 months!

Your diagrams above appear to be correct. Thanks for fixing my 3rd grade art project.

I can't verify the dry contacts statement tho.

AliExpress has been very good for me here in the USA, 2-3 weeks delivery, sometimes sooner.
And Ali is very responsive to issues, unlike gear best. Although I've yet to have a problem with a Xiaomi device, outside of connection issues, as they seem to have good qc

1 Like

LOL, Thanks for confirming. I kind of felt like a 3rd grader for not understanding the schematic from the start.

Are yours already installed in that wall? If not, you could confirm that dry contact for me by removing the jumper, so your mains voltage is only supplying N and L. Next measure with a multimeter across IN and L1 or IN and L2 with the relay in both open and closed positions. If there is no voltage leaking, then they are proper isolated dry contacts.

[Update] This relay does not have isolated dry contacts. Only use it for controlling mains powered devices

Also curious if the sense contacts can be changed via driver from latching to momentary type as some wireless relays support. It looks from the Russian video, that the relay can also remember scene configurations, similar to this Gwiss dual relay.

So I just did this, and outside of what I suspect is spurious AC voltage (around 19 VAC) between those terminals, in both open and closed positions, I got zero volts DC across those terminals.

I also was able to get some intimate shots, after a little financial persuasion(credit card edge used to pry open)

To be continued...

1 Like

Wow! Thanks for going to the effort and then some. That’s very encouraging to see they are using good quality relays. The stray voltage, if there, is low enough to easily filter.

Okay, more testing and a
!!! WARNING!!!
with only N and L connected to mains voltage and jumper removed, when the relay is switched on there is 120 volts at L1 or L2 depending which relay is energized. I verified this by switching the relay L1 on, and then running the meter from L1 to ground on my gas pipe, and got 120 VAC, same with the L2 connector.
So please be careful and if anyone is not sure of their skill or knowledge, please call an electrician, I don't want anyone getting hurt.
I learned my lesson a long time ago. Got 120 volts from right elbow thru my chest and out my left hand. It's true, you can't let go, I had to jump off the ladder to disconnect myself from the circuit. It was a faulty switch that was off, but still sending power. Hurt like the Dickens. Thank you Father God I am fine and always very very careful with electricity, at least after that!

1 Like

Thanks! Ok, so there is no isolation there. So I’m going to close 120v relays from the output to give me true isolation. Really appreciate the testing you’ve done.