New Virtual Switch Added - No Response

I have seen this dicussed, but I wasn't able to decipher a clear response (my fault). I added the bet Homekit integration and added a virtual switch in devices. I added the bridge to my Homekit without issue, the virtual switch appear, initally active. After about a minute, the switch homekit indicates the switch has "no response". I have added and removed the switch but can't get to to show active. Does anyone have any guidance?
Thanks, Mitch

Hi @Mitch1138

I have a similar issue.

With the standard triggers linked to my virtual dimmer and virtual all was ok.
Until i linked a device to it on the hubitat side, the it all became unresponsive.

Can you elaborate on what your intention was with the virtual switch and if you linked it to some other app or driver/device?

I have a plug that only works with Homekit. If I get a virtual switch to show up in Homekit, I can add logic to turn the Homekit plug on when the virtual switch activates (and visa versa for off). Hoping someone else has resolved this.

I've had similar with virtual buttons. Though I added a virtual switch and it was fine (running 16.3 on homekit) but then I changed it to a virtual button and restarted it and it came back as not supported. I'm sure at this point with similar reports @gopher.ny is working on it...

I just wanted to close out my situation (HE virtual switches not showing as active in Homekit). Embarrassingly, my issue was that the HE and the Apple hub (AppleTV) were on different networks. I put them on the same network and it works great, almost like magic!
This was solved for me by user aaiyar (here) and I just wanted to say again how grateful I am for his help.

1 Like

Glad you got it worked out!

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.