New User Problems

Well, I am about 2 weeks into using my new C7 HE. There have been a number of issues, problems, and strange behavior. I am an experienced HA user. As I have looked back, I realize that most of my problems have been related to one issue. And that issue is adding Z-wave Plus devices . In every case, the new device seemed to be Included properly. But upon review in the Devices and Settings/Z-Wave Setting screens, there were device configuration problems.

I started using my new HE with about 25 old (non Plus) Z-wave devices. Everything worked just fine. Then I thought I could make things "better" by adding some Plus devices. This has led to numerous problems. What I have learned is that pretty much every Plus device I have added, has been improperly configured when added to my HE. This started with 2.2.3 and continues in 2.2.4. These device problems include: No recognition of the device model or type. Wildly incorrect device Types applied. S2 security not applied. Reduced connection speed. And from all of these configuration issues I have then enjoyed numerous "Failed" device issues and resulting mesh problems.

In most cases, I have been able to correct the issues by Excluding, Resetting, and Including the device, again. Sometimes, having to do this multiple times before it seems to be properly Included and configured.

I do not understand why my HE is having so many problems including Plus devices, and more importantly, why the HE is oblivious to configuration problems when doing an Include.

I have had just the opposite experience. All of my Zwave issuses dissapeared when I upgraded the last of my non-plus devices. My only inclusion issue was with a bad out of the box Leviton plug-in dimmer. I'm starting to think that the C7 does not like a mixture of plus and non-plus.