New UK Innr Smart Plug With Power Monitoring

Part of me wishes you hadn't shared this :joy: The other part says 4 more outlets for less than 50 quid...don't mind if I do, thank you very much :smiley:

Just received 2 more plugs today... next day delivery via Amazon Logistics!

@user3101,
I still seem to be getting the random issue where the device states are incorrectly being reported.
Just realised that the TV off routine did not run as the device is showing as switched off...
Current state:

Logs

Note: debug log is not turning off after 30 mins

After pressing refresh

Any suggestions?
Not sure what is causing this issue, but I experienced on another device and it was fixed after setup again, but I am experiencing it on another Innr plug now?

@rhodesda,
Are you still experiencing any issues?

Yeah. Just tested again and the switch state is not updating. The on/off commands are still working though. Clicking 'configure' fixed it again for now and the state reports correctly

1 Like

Thanks for feedback - I have found a few corrections in the coding of runIn() commands. this should correct the debug off issue.
I will look at the change of state issue - I had not experienced any issue there but thanks for teling me.... I wonder if the corrections I have just made will fix this too ??? Try 'One Press Setup'

I hope we can get this sorted out - so nearly there...

2 Likes

I've just checked and I think I was experiencing the same problem.

I have a fan heater in my conservatory which is intended to activate the same time the radiator kicks in to help boost the affect. I maintain a dashboard of both the radiator and the fan to see when they are on. I have noticed that often the Innr plug is not showing as active on the dashboard when in real life it is.

I just copied and pasted the code you linked above to the existing driver code, saved it and then pressed One Press Setup. The Switch State immediately changed to On.

Thank you for the update! :slight_smile:

Hmmm - further checks done. It appears the One Press Setup is manually updating the Switch state - it does not update itself automatically - so this is still an issue.

Mine seems fine now. I left it a few hours since the update and the switch status is being shown correctly.

I have now worked out that if the plug itself looses power and the power is later restored, then there are reporting / switching issues - I need to work out why this is before I can make a work around. At least this is the beginning of answer ...

1 Like

Hope you can find a solution soon...
Good thing is that the power and current is being reported correctly although the switch is showing as being off, see below:

Hi, I do not know why. You appear to be receiving some ZDO messages Cluster 0x8031. Looking this up a read that this is a 'Management LQI (Neighbor Table) Response' which 'Indicates the neighbor table contents of the device'. I do not know what that means...
My device settles after I reset it. I works with the on/off reporting correctly. even after taking the plug out and then putting back in again after a few minutes the OnePress Setup does make things work, for me.
Perhaps (if you have not done this already) you could try removing the device, doing a factory reset of the plug and then repairing it. A pain I know but may be worth a try.
Alternatively, in the driver code -update below - in the def on() method, the def off() method and the def toggle() method there are three commented out lines that say
// runIn(X, 'refresh')
you could delete the two comment slashes on each of these . The number X, is seconds delay - try 1, 2 or 3. Resave the driver then things might spring into life ...

Have you looked at the zigbee log to see the strength of the zigbee signal where your outlet is?

2 Likes

Thanks, I will try your suggestions above this evening.
The signal strength ranges from strong to moderate (-45 to -76) for the four plugs.

Summary

Idea over night and chaanes to try to ensure switch attribute follows on/off

3 Likes

I went with this method yesterday evening, and all plugs are reporting correctly so far...

Will update to your latest driver now, thanks for your work!

@user3101,
Have not noticed any switch attributes issues, so looking good! :grinning:

There seems to be an issue with debug logging... I am pretty sure I turned off all debug logs earlier this afternoon, but I just noticed that debug logging was enabled and running now for all 4 plugs?

I have moved my outlet to a more distant room and now it seems to have started putting itself to sleep and going offline after a while. Very frustrating. Seems fine when nearer to my hub...

Oh dear, that's not good.
All my plugs are on the same floor and spread out, with 2 pretty close to the hub.

Debug should turn off after 30 minutes 1800 seconds. Lines around 276 - 287...

1 Like

I tested it last night and can confirm that manually turning on debug logging turns it off after 30 mins.

However, as per your instruction saving changes to preferences then pressing "One Press Setup" turns on degub logging and it never turns it off after 30 mins (just tested now!).

Thanks, I have corrected the code for 30 minute debug off.
Link as before

2 Likes