New UK Innr Smart Plug With Power Monitoring

Also, will need to investigate the high cpu usage further:

It's the one linked above, no changes

1 Like

The code for health check is all there (no thanks to me, it was in the original driver) but I 'commented' most of it out while I was trying to get the driver to work. In due course I will revive it. Unless you have done that the healthchecking is not currently operational ...

2 Likes

Excellent work. Thanks. I'll get round to deploying the one plug i have this weekend. I really like the Innr plugs out of everything readily available in the UK, and these with the extra power monitoring look great. I might actually swap out all of my SP222's for these.

Mine is also high

I have just updated the driver - https://github.com/JellyGreen/Public-Hubitat-Code/blob/main/Innr%20SP%20242%20Power%20Meter%20Plug%20v1.1.5
The code is somewhat simplified - and healthcheck is now restored
NOTE - the energy value does read / refresh but does not seem to configure to provide delta reporting - so I have used this attribute as the healthStatus ping... pong.
Be careful how finely you set the delta values for ampage and power - if set too low the device will report a lot of small changes. I am also wondering if despite staying online the device sleeps after a while, but I can't retest that until I leave my plug alone for a few hours.
Still very much a beta version but here it is.

3 Likes

I am happy with the driver, it has been working fine for me.
One minor issue, as you can see from the screenshot below, the switch was turned off, but it was still displaying the last power attribute until I click refresh then it reset to zero?

Hi, I think that should be fixed - because changes can eb too small to report, this depends setting the correct delay before refreshing on on and off - This is working for me.
Latest release is here gradually moving to attributes rather than settings ...

3 Likes

Thanks for the update.
Unfortunately, socket 1 still has to be refreshed and I am also getting an error for both sockets:

Socket 1

Socket 2

Not had any such issues. Away today, will look tomorrow.

1 Like

I changed the driver to "device" and cleared all device states, then changed backed to your driver; there are no more errors now :smiley:
EDIT:
Sorry, still getting the error:

OK, I think this was due to a null variable - I have now defined this in v 1.2.3 on github.
You could try loading this driver and pressing OnePressSetup or you delete the device and then factory reset and reinstall. The installation process should reinintiate everything. I am not getting any errors reported in the logs.

1 Like

Great job, thanks for this.
I see that there are a lot more states now!

Yes, changed quite a bit. The reportingxxx ones just confirm the current reporting condition of the measured attributes - (just for viewing).
The onTime4001, offWait4002 allow for timed on and time lock off features - as per zigbee spec

energy is cumulative kWh and I have not found a means of resetting that to zero. It only reports at the set period not on changes.
The key attributes (voltage amerage, power and powerfactor) update after the switch changes state.

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining, I was curious what all these states were.

I've just had an email with a 20% code for plugs in anyone needs it, brings the cost of 2 plugs to under £24!

https://www.innr.com/en/product/innr-smart-plug-uk/

SMARTPLUG20

3 Likes

I've received the email as well.

2 Likes

Just noticed that the LED on 1 of my plugs no longer works?! The plug seems to function fine though. Has this happened to anyone else?

When I updated to the v1.2.3 driver the switch status doesn't seem to get updated, on/off button work though image
Edit: Clicking 'Configure' fixed the above

For the next update please could we have the version separate to the name, looking at other drivers there's a version attribute available. Makes it clearer when we update the driver!

Part of me wishes you hadn't shared this :joy: The other part says 4 more outlets for less than 50 quid...don't mind if I do, thank you very much :smiley:

Just received 2 more plugs today... next day delivery via Amazon Logistics!