New Thermostat lots of "debug" in logs

I will try the re-pair as a last resort. I am afraid of Ghosts.

You know, it seems to me like the thermostat is going to sleep or something and needs multiple commands to wake it up. Just sayin'

Are you using it on batteries or is it powered by 24VAC?

I did not have the "C" wire in my system so I had to use the batteries.

That is exactly what is happening. This is one of those situations where it would better if the thermostat were connected to the hub via a beaming repeater. Rather than directly to the hub.

This is because beaming repeaters will repeat a command until a sleeping device wakes up. While the hub sends it just once, so the hub's radio doesn't get bogged down with retransmits.

You are exactly right. I just read in the owners manual about the sleep mode. The only way to get the unit to not sleep is to either beaming repeater or direct "C" wire 24V transformer. Now what do I do?

Just found this.

24 Volt Transformer, C Wire Adapter Thermostat, Competible with All Versions of Ring Doorbell and Thermostat for Nest Ecobee, Sensi and Honeywell, 315" Long Cable 24V Transformer.

on Amazon.
I guess that this might work?

How far is your thermostat from the furnace/air-handler. It is usually not very difficult to run something like 18/7 thermostat conductor.

That should also work, but I have no experience with that kind of wiring.

An alternative would be to redo your automations, so that after a command is sent to the thermostat, you check if the thermostat settings have changed, and if they haven't repeat the command.

Now that looks like a real pain in the butt. I would rather wire up the thermostat with the transformer. I don't think the automations would be reliable.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.