New switch appears fine in devices page, nothing in logs or apps

With C8 v2.3.9.160 I just added a new Tuya 4 button switch. In devices, all 4 buttons affect the status properly. I wanted this switch to have the same functionality as another 4 button switch, so I cloned it to create the button controller for the new switch. After making a few adjustments in the new controller app, I tried it out and got no actions fired. There was not even any action in the logs. I rebooted the C8 but still no luck. How can this be if the device details show the responses to all 4 buttons? Also the new button control does not appear in http://myip:myport/devicedata.json

Show a screenshot from the events tab of the device page, and also a screenshot of your rule (or one of the rules).

This device sends 2 duplicated button events on every key press….

For Tuya buttons I can recommend the Tuya Scene Switch TS004F driver (w/ healthStatus) which handles this Tuya bug properly.

1 Like

Did you possibly select the wrong device on the BC parent app, and then rename the childs to be (4) instead of the selected (3) device?

2 Likes

Ah, good catch! I'll replace the driver and fix the app issues. I had cloned the "3" button to the "4" and missed the references somehow. The "in use by" list for button 3 shows both apps 3 & 4 listed, None listed for button 4.

1 Like