New smart thermostat on the market?

An amazon partnership with Honeywell. I wonder whether it is wifi, zigbee, or zwave?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/28/amazon-event-2021-live-updates-amazons-set-to-announce-new-products.html#:~:text=Amazon%20announces%20%2460%20smart%20thermostat%2C%20competing%20with%20Google%E2%80%99s%20Nest

Who cares it's Amazon. Buy an Ecobee and call it done lol.

4 Likes

Yup... Just like Nest, that's a hard "pass" for me.

3 Likes

Its a pity them there Amazon drones won't bring me a cup of coffee from the kitcken :frowning_face:

Very likely NOT Zwave, Amazon doesn't have any Zwave devices/hubs, nor do they plan to from what I see. And I don't think Honeywell has any Zigbee stuff.

Therefore, I would speculate it is a Wifi thermostat. Probably a newer generation or variant of the T5.

1 Like

Except for their Ring Alarm which they bought a few years back… That one is Z-Wave…

3 Likes

According to the Amazon Smart Thermostat product page, it’s 2.4 GHz wifi only. At $59 I’m interested though if it works with Hubitat. :grinning:

any additional information on this? 40 bucks is perfect for my basement

I purchased one and like it. Especially the energy dashboard

2 Likes

I like mine too. Have you been able to integrate with HE?

No, I'm not able to write the code.

Ring is owned by Amazon, and their Gen2 stuff is Zwave. Amazon also sits on (possibly chairs) the Zwave standards committee. That being said we are pulling away from Amazon devices. We replaced a Honeywell T6 Wi-Fi with Ecobee a few years ago, I’m starting to consider going baby to the T6 Pro (Zwave). I’m looking to get one more thing out of the cloud.

Edit: here is an article about it. They are on the board of directors and chair of the Zwave Alliance .

It’s going on two years since this thread was created.

The announcement about an Amazon executive chairing the z-wave alliance board was made at the end of last year.

2 Likes

Guess it must have missed the auto - close old thread purge last fall. Honestly when I replied I didn't notice it was so old. My bad. I usually try to pay attention to those things.

Enough already!

3 Likes