New RM bug in 2.1.7.123

I just upgraded to 2.1.7.123 and now one of my Rule Machine rules is throwing a java.lang.NumberFormatException.

Here's what the rule looks like:

And if I trigger it with the "Run Actions" button in Rule Manager, here are the logs I get:

CC @bravenel

1 Like

Getting the same errors on at least one of my rules

This is unlikely to solve the problem, but you're missing an END-IF and END-REP (in that order as the last two actions in your rule) and causing Rule Machine to be polite and imply them for you. :slight_smile: Still, adding them can't hurt.

Also, I know you didn't ask this, but is there a specific need this rule is trying to address? This isn't causing your problem, but looping every minute to see if your motion sensor is inactive is a pretty inefficient way to turn off a light. A "wait for inactive" would be better here, I think.

Just realized my coffee hadn't turned off. Ran the rule again, and seeing a similar error.

I'm getting it too.

Thanks, will find this pronto!

3 Likes

Found and fixed. Hot fix coming in a bit...

5 Likes

Hot fix release is out for this bug.

3 Likes

Looks like @bravenel has a hotfix for us, which is awesome! I'm going to try your suggestion of waiting for inactive too. I'm still learning all the different ways things can be accomplished in RM.

(Overview of what I'm attempting: I basically want something like Motion Lighting, but it can be triggered by several different things. However, the thing that makes it turn off is still the motion sensor.)

@bravenel Looks like the hotfix worked on my rule. Thank you sir!

Please see the PM I just sent you.

Looks like this error is still in 2.1.7.24

Yep, fix coming....

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.