New Raspberry Pi

Out of curiosity...

Do you guys have actual applications you NEED 4GB RAM on with an RPI? I have exactly zero that won't fit in 1GB or MAYBE 2GB... So I'm generally curious.

Or is it just "new, shiny" syndrome and you want the biggest just because?

Yep, for a few dollars more, I want the biggest, baddest, RPi ever made! :wink:

5 Likes

100% this :star_struck:

It's a few bucks more and can potentially be a desktop replacement...so why not.

1 Like

At the moment I have 4 3Bs and 4 Zero Ws sitting idle so I don't need any more Pis but I may get the 4GB model to attach to the downstairs TV as a casual desktop.

2 Likes

Makes sense - and I succumb to new, shiny syndrome A LOT - so no judgement is being passed there!!! :smile:

It does unlock some interesting possibilities for sure!

I'll probably get one to add to the collection of pi devices in my "box of gadgets I'll find a use for someday, maybe". :grinning:

1 Like

I love this! I was hoping on Gbit ethernet so I can replace my OpenVPN Pi for something more capable of handling more data. For the rest of the Pi's I can easily go with the old ones since I use some pi's dedicated just for one process each. And since I have a really easy wife (who actually things a Pi is a cute looking little computer) it's an easy sell :smiley:

1 Like

Damn was on the fence and then a new shiny version comes out. Waiting for my preorder now.
Went all out and got the desktop kit since I don't have any Pi accessories.

1 Like

The kit is probably a good idea since it uses a USB-C connector for power. I read a first look that suggested that the Pi may lack the power feedback stuff that would allow a "universal" Power Delivery adapter to work. That is too bad. I have a couple of small PD capable adapters that automatically adjust the output voltage to charge my phone or my laptop.