New Philips Hue Secure Contact Sensor. Worth it?

Philips Hue Secure Contact Sensor
Premium Price CDN$50/each
As usual for Philips Hue.
But if it "just works" it would be nice to have ZigBee contact sensor that you can confidently recommend to people just starting out. :thinking:

CR2 battery instead of AAA or AA.

I think I'll wait awhile before ordering any from Amazon.ca :nauseated_face:

1 Like

CentraLite contact sensors, including the old Iris v2 sensors people still rave about even though they are no longer available, are a lot cheaper (in the US) and have been working well for me. The Aeotec SmartThings MultiSensor also works well, though it costs (and does) a bit more. Either would be my choice for something that works well in general and works with Hubitat. :slight_smile:

Hue normally has that reputation, too, but I'm not sure anyone has tried these directly paired to Hubitat yet, and use via the Hue Bridge would require the new API (so not the built-in integration). At this price, I'm not sure I care enough to find out. It seems Hue might be losing focus a bit, though I digress on that point...

It's rare I've totally hated a contact with sensor, but I guess the stakes for me are lower than the are with motion sensors, where I'm pretty picky (CentraLite would be my choice there if I had to pick one, too--but I have to try pretty much any I can find due to who I am as a person).

Just my opinion! :smiley:

I've never tried any of the CentraLite contact sensors, but I do like my Sylvania branded CentraLite motion sensors.
Unfortunately CentraLite is one of those brands that have some sort of distribution agreement (aka legal piracy) to sell their products in Canada. :roll_eyes:

Ezlo bought CentraLite a few years ago. If they sell in Canada, buying from them directly might be cheaper. I'm the US, Amazon is sometimes cheaper, but it depends who's having a sale or coupon that week (Ezlo sometimes has around the holidays). But...not sure about other markets.

Hmm, I find the CentraLite ZigBee door sensor Here
But when I click on Buy Now it takes me to Here
Which seems like it's a Z-Wav device. :thinking:

But it's all kind of pointless as the cheapest shipping is almost US$40. :laughing:
But hey, at least they offer shipping.

That looks like an error on the product page.