New Model C-7 Hub Coming Soon

I agree lots of vendors give discounts. Especially to developers that are aiding in improvements and marketability of their products. So I would be all in for discounts for developers :smile: so they could get cheaper and first access to develop for the environment. And no. I don't develop for Hubitat.

Of course they will have high demand, and likely low inventory for the new hub for some time. So I'll stand by my $299 price for my extra dev C-5 hub. lol 1st come, 1st serve. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So what about hub migration? Anything in the works there? :wink:

1 Like

I'm assuming that price includes the key codes for all the smart locks on your house. Oh, and the 4 digit pin for your HSM setup :rofl:

They said...

2 Likes

:slight_smile: I am of course kidding. I wouldn't gouge someone that much for a hub. I have to live myself in the end.

2 Likes

289 would be totally OK tho', amiright? :grinning:

1 Like

So when new updates start rolling out that uses features that the C-7 hub (700) Z-Wave chip can use, but the C-5 can't. Will there be 2 updates released one for each of the C-5 and C-7 hubs?

I did the same thing to get my newest gun. Told her I just traded the first gun I bought for this one. Didn't mention the price difference that I had to pay.

1 Like

The flash size really should be increased. Not that I know how much the current one has.

The TLC eMMC has less endurance than the MLC predecessor. One way to combat this is to have larger over provisioning.

I'm like 100% positive the hardware design is done so chances of these revisions on first release are not likely.

What would be possible would be to enable the use of an external drive through the USB ports. This would only be software changes pushed from an update. Then everyone could choose the type/size of drive they want and everyone is happy.

2 Likes

Well that sucks.

Exciting news! Would have been nice if it was available for sale during the July 4th holiday :smile:

1 Like

I was told that if you ever changed hubs then zwave would have to be removed each item and then re-added. Is this saying that that is no longer required? I thought it was a zwave limitation. I wanted zwave to avoid 2.4ghz interference but had avoided due to this potential huge hassle.

Yes. Specifically that a new service will be introduced for migration of a complete hub setup, including all paired zigbee and z-wave devices.

5 Likes

Yeah.. No. Z-Wave has backup/restore capabilities in the design spec. It's up to the software to implement them properly. With proper backup/restore you can backup the Z-Wave DB which is contained in the controller (Z-Wave Card/USB dongle) and then restore that to another controller.

Here's hoping to proper backup/restore of Z-Wave moving forward.

7 Likes

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but other than Zwave 700, there doesn’t seem to be any other benefit in moving to the C-7 seeing as all other specs are the same. I’m not a big Zwave user (just a few locks, switches and valve control) ... Hopefully for others this will improve Zwave performance.

1 Like

a new, chargeable, service maybe?
would certainly be useful for system integrators/commercial use.
maybe a single back-up would be allowed for domestic use.

In reading between the lines my C5 works perfectly -- the new version doesn't offer me anything else.

Just sayin