New Model C-7 Hub Coming Soon

There was a guy from Poland selling them on ebay

There will be two European sources for C-7 shortly after it becomes available, one in Poland (info@ultrasmart.pl), and one in UK (vesternet.com). And it will be available directly from hubitat.com as well.

10 Likes

Where will the C7 be available for purchase in the US? And do you have an exact date the C7 wil be available?

Historically, it has been available at Hubitat.com and Amazon.com.

1 Like

Wish I could click the :hearts: button 1000x times, can't wait for Level 7

2 Likes

Some seem to have issues. I've been through Wink, Iris, Abode... and my Schlage's work better with the Hubitat than any of them. That said, I have a well-built mesh that I've invested time and effort in.

People say they work "perfectly" on other platforms, but it's just not true. Z-Wave is not always plug-n-play due to the disparity of impediments and how the routes shape up. If you're willing to spend some time learning to debug the routing, it's not hard to identify the problem forwarders and get your mesh working well.

If you want "just works" or "never works" as the only two scenarios, go Homekit! ;p

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Issues with Iris Smart Plugs as Z-Wave Repeaters

I have been using a handful (5) of Z wave devices all close to each other for years with great success. I just installed about 20 more. I took the time to exclude everything and then re-include it all from the hub out and everything seems to be working good but based on your comments I wonder if there is not some tool(s) to help visualize and/or better understand how things are communicating. If there is I would really appreciate any info you or anyone could share to point me the right direction.

a few people use this to see what’s going on at the lower levels. There are commercial versions that do something similar also.

That likely wasn't necessary. The whole point is that the mesh rebuilds itself constantly. You only need to do that kind of rebuild/repair if you're trying to isolate a problem in the mesh... and for that you can simply power down the devices :+1:

Thanks - I will check out the Z-Wave sniffing info...

Got some interesting pricing going on with Vesternet.

I guess they can charge what they want, but £162 seems a little heavy considering the $130 + £30 import (approximately £135 total excluding shipping) asking price on Hubitat.com.

Then again, I've seen what the C-5s are going for right now on eBay! :flushed:

Do we have any news when the C-7 sill be on stock an available?

1 Like

Looking for info on C7 availability as well

Obviously they will post something on here when they know something that is concrete enough to share.

I'm sure they aren't sitting on the info to "surprise us". I imagine that they want to sell hubs and get cash flowing in more than we want the hubs.... :slight_smile:

So be patient. Not that I'm very good at that, but still...

4 Likes

They are waiting for that time the can have a launch party

1 Like

But when is it coming

1 Like

At least they updated the order page to show the new model. Not sure exactly when they did that.

Few days ago.

It sounds like you have a methodology for troubleshooting the mesh. I would love to learn that from you. I am willing to put in the time and try it. I have tried many suggestions and still have issues with one of my locks and have thought that I tried everything. Can you share your methods or tools with me. you can PM me if you like.

LJ