New method to open / close Chamberlain MyQ garage door

Hubitat has alternative ways to control the door, if you invest in a z-wave/zigbee relay and a contact/tilt sensor.

1 Like

I did. Cannot get it to work.

1 Like

My Plan B: A three button auto sun visor controller mounted in a closet near the garage and HE dashboard device. Works 99.9999% of the time when the dashboard Garage Door MyQ button fails. No soldering, no wifi, no zigbee, no zwave, no Oauth :grinning:

Cobbled together a temporary โ€œsolutionโ€ using HomeBridge, Node-Red and HE. Not beautiful but buys me some time to decide how I want to proceed.

Where did you get the url to open/close the door?

Im trying to add a softtrigger button on my camera that will be able to open my garage door via a HTTP request. Im using DW spectrum (rebranded NXwitness) I saw someone do this with a light so there's got to be a way to get this working. I would need the url and the HTTP content. Using a Chamberlin MyQ. does anyone know what the request IP or command is to open/close the door using this method?

This isnt necessarily for hubitat or home assitant but once i can locate the request url i think that will open up some doors. Pun Intended :slight_smile:

@thebearmay ... just read this post today. I have successfully setup Node-Red with this node to obtain info on my MyQ devices (garage door and gate).

1 Like