New Iris V1 device support

You would think Mike would have an automated way of determining if he has received mail . . .

7 Likes

I did, I paired them first with the HE Xiaomi hub, I hit configure because one of the plugs was working but the status was off all the time, never changed to on, but the other plug worked fine, I hit configure on this one too, then I remove them from the device page, they did not unpair, I reset them and paired them to my main hub because I was suspecting they are repeating so I don't want a mess with the xiaomi hub, after the reset they paired, same problem, one doesn't report, the other one was fine after hitting configure, so I suspected it is a firmware difference in the plugs, I turned on the xbee and confirmed they are repeaters, tried to un pair, same, they did not, reset them and paired them to the iris hub to see if they get an update before it dies.

Edit: when you click remove on the device page the browser starts to think/load for a few seconds then it goes back to the device list and the device was removed from the list.

Just so I am clear...This HE update will let me use these?

Yes, but not released. These are Beta conversations in a public thread :upside_down_face:

1 Like

huh?, 2.0.8 includes Iris V1 device support, it released last evening...

yes, supported V1 devices:

This is Great! Now I don't feel like a sucker for buying a 4 pack off of eBay a few months back! Whewww!! :slight_smile:

Oh. Did not see the announcement

Holy cow. Iris V1 support for certain devices is outstanding! Better late than never! I'm so glad I chose Hubitat! Thank you so very much for this functionality!
Now I hope everyone gets the V1 devices they need before the prices go up! Buy Buy Buy!

1 Like

Wow! Great work yet again Mike.

Not%20Worthy

Well that's what I get for being so quick to leave Iris. I already replaced all of my V1 components and supported ST :sob:

On the plus side, I now have extra components available to start working towards a more automated home :grinning:

However, I feel like I'm on the path to the dark side and will probably end up with more hubs in the near future. There could be some fun Halloween automations in the works too given the speed of a locally run hub especially with the Chromecast Integration app :thinking:

Although, for something like that I would prefer to keep the GA connection active and not have the connection sound everytime there is movement on the porch. I tried to add a to-do item to your list yesterday and it was already built in to HE. Maybe this is already there too and I just haven't found it yet...

Can I buy these?

They look different than the iris v1 shown in this thread:

I think I'm going to make a purchase of the motion sensor v1 now.

Is there any reason not to buy these over something else???

Nevermind. Got to impatient and purchased 6 of them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 1 Ver 1 Motion Sensor paired. It works but is a tad slower than the Iris Ver2 motion sensor.

The link you posted is the V1. What Mike posted is also the V1 it's just on it's side.

How slow are we talking ?

ok thanks!

$35 for 8 sensors and ebay has a code PERFECT3 for $3 off!

=)

It’s on par with a zwave motion sensor. I can look st the logs after work. Probably won’t notice unless you have the version 2 which is the fastest I have found.

Damn. I got ripped lol. Paid 12 each.