New IKEA Zigbee 3.0 sensors

Has anyone gotten the Vallhorn to trigger motion events? I just got 2 of them and, following the instructions here, got it paired, but it's not reporting motion.

Looks like the US release of the Badring has been delayed...

2 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting for them to come to Australia :frowning:

1 Like

I have a Vallhorn paired to my C8 using Dan's driver.

It's reporting motion for me.

The Tretakt outlet is available in the UK for an amazing Ā£6 or Ā£10 with button controller. This is an unbelievable price!

I'm still confused as to why their original Tradfri outlets are Ā£10 when they don't even have an on/off button. See image

Looks like the Badring is finally available in the US.

1 Like

Oh yes. Everything was working JUST FINE....that is.. until I decided to upgrade the firmware. Because I noticed I was a few releases behind....UGH....what's that saying about leaving well enough alone.

With all the futzing about I hope I didn't mess up a nicely paired & operational motion on my C5 w/ .147 update. Things may have to settle down like they did after I first paired it some time ago.

Here's what the Firmware update attempt ended up looking like.

sys:1...warnFirmware update for [name:Motion - Porch , manufacturer:unknown, imageFileName:null, fileVersion:null] failed, status:C3.

dev:347...infoMotion - Porch - looking for firmware updates ...

EDIT ADD: OK, removed device from HE, set next to hub, batteries back in, re-pairing process successful and looking good. Reattempted the Firmware update. Getting somewhere. Wrong thread for those details.