New IKEA Zigbee 3.0 sensors

If you manage to pair it back, can you please post the Device Details data from the bottom of the page?

I am working on a driver for Vallhorn and Somrig, but I don't yet have the devices as my order is still in transit.

IKEA probably uses donkeys for transportation, my E2006 took eight days (!!!) to arrive from Sofia... :frowning:

2 Likes

Tis the season to be patient :slight_smile:

Ordered on 16th, delivery is scheduled on 23rd (same city).

1 Like

Got any chance to play with it yet?

Not yet, it will stay under the Christmas tree until 25th! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

So I tried about 20 more times to pair this thing to my C8. Using all 3 pairing methods, and close to the hub and far away. I just cannot get it to pair again.

Took it up to the C7 and it paired on the first try, right away. Paired as a freint motion sensor, changed to your tradfri motion driver and it seems to work.

I left it paired in case you need more info or want me to test the driver.

And if there's anything useful here:

[EDIT] just for another datapoint, I bought a rodret dimmer too and paired it over the weekend. It's still working fine, and registered my first button push after several days of inactivity with no problem.

1 Like

Is this what you mean?

Have you got any other Zigbee hubs that could be on the same Zigbee channel as HE by any chance? It seems to be more of an issue with the C-8 than earlier models. My Hue hub was on the same channel as HE and I had the same issues as you, changed the HE channel and everything was fine.

Yes, but there all on different channels. Also made sure my wireless isn't overlapping.

I think it's something with the vallhorn. I've paired a couple other devices to the c8 within the past week without any issues. Including the rodret dimmer from IKEA. Right on the first try..

Stable Diffusion and if so, which checkpoint?

Looks like it’s available in the Northeast US now. I just saw this on the Ikea website:

“You can choose to set the motion sensor to day or night mode and also set it to automatically turn off after 1 or 5 minutes.” So I assume it has a similar illumination sensor like their previous motion sensors. And I’m also wondering if the 1 minute turn off value is also fixed.

@dandanache does the previous sensor only report back values such as “dim” or is possible to obtain values such as Lux? Two of the sensors I’ve paired up (thanks to your hard/brilliant work) pretty much only show “dim” as a value within my house even with all my lights at 100% and fairly bright. Unfortunately I can’t use the illumination reporting value to turn on my lights.

Just dim/bright, no Lux on the old motion sensor. I believe that the new one has Lux reporting, but my ordered device got lost in the xmas package delivery frenzy so I did not get a chance to play with it yet :frowning:

You need to fiddle with the button on the back of the device and set it on "night" mode. It won't report the dim/bright value otherwise.

Also, when in "dark" mode, the driver has the option to report motion only when it's dim/dark, see the preferences section.

1 Like

So Santa either needs to hire or fire some of his helpers…

Omg I need to go find those ikea instructions now and try to figure out how to interpret them again. I used to pride myself on my ikea instruction mastery but this one device has left me completely humbled.

So, for some reason my sensor seems to randomly trigger active. No rhyme or reason. I know it’s triggering because I have it connected to a thirdreality zigbee switch that flips the light switch on/off. And I can hear it and see the light on under the door.

I have it in a small bathroom in the downstairs living area where the door is always closed and there are no windows. Sensor battery level is at 93, set to re-trigger after 1 minute, button on back set to dark mode. There are no air vents or other type of air movement when the bathroom is not in use.

Any thoughts?

Unlike the Tradfri motion sensor, these settings do not change how the device works. They just save the configuration you select into two Zigbee attributes that the IKEA app/hub is probably using. I see no use-case for them so far.

If you go to the device details page and click the "Events" button at the top, do you see events that should not be there (check the timestamps)? Just to make sure that the thirdreality Zigbee switch is not flipped by something else.

Device Events page

If you put the device in a drawer/cupboard/etc and let it over night, does it add records to the "Events" page above? (need to refresh the page to see new records)

PIR devices detect changes in the heat (infrared radiation) in their visual field. Maybe there are hot-water pipes that change their temperature abruptly in front of the device, maybe is your cat playing with your mind (they do that) :slight_smile:

Appreciate the feedback. I do have the sensor right on top of the toilet tank. So, perhaps that may be affecting it.

There are several consecutive changes in light sensor at various times but nothing proceeding them like active in inactive motion.

I will throw it in a drawer for a day and see what happens,

Keep getting this error in the logs.

2023-12-28 01:32:01.004 PMerrorIKEA Motion Sensor sent unexpected Zigbee message: description=catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0040 00 5AA7 01 00 0000 42 00 0058020000, msg=[raw:catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0040 00 5AA7 01 00 0000 42 00 0058020000, profileId:0104, clusterId:0006, clusterInt:6, sourceEndpoint:01, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:5AA7, isClusterSpecific:true, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:42, direction:00, data:[00, 58, 02, 00, 00], endpointInt:1, commandInt:66]

Additionally, for some reason it does not show up in the Zigbee network graph. But it is connected and works.

Any thoughts?

I'm getting those too. And mine false triggers about once a day.

I've seen folks in the HA pages complaining about false triggers as well.

Good to know. Thanks.

Perhaps a future firmware update will fix.