New IKEA Zigbee 3.0 sensors

Ikea is not using inbound Zigbee group messaging anymore.

In the last one year Ikea provided OTA updates for almost all of the old Zigbee devices, so now everything is working with Hubitat! This includes the old on/off button (E1743), the 5 button remote controller (E1810), the motion sensor (E1745), etc, etc..

There are several community drivers that support IKEA Zigbee devices, I can highly recommend these :

10 Likes

Holy moly really? I have a box full of useless Ikea stuff. Lots of the single buttons. How does one update them? Are they backwards compatible for those of us that don't use the c8?

I have updated most of my Ikea gadgets using Z2M, but now OTA updates for some of the models are available directly from Hubitat :

Ikea divers work on both C-8 and C-7 hubs. If an OTA firmware update is not available for some models, but @dandanache has it in his repository, we can ask Mike Maxwell to upload it to Hubitat servers for testing.

2 Likes

Ill check it out, hopefully the battery drain is fixed with the update. I remember at some point they worked but would drain an entire battery in 24 hours.

So, do you know if the 5 button remotes and old bulbs can be updated by HE directly? It sounds like you are saying they can. But, the hub doesn't recognize the switches as anything other than "things" to the best of my memory. Just checking before I dig them all back out of storage and waste time trying. Wouldn't be horrible if I was able to put the switches back into service.

Install the Ikea Zigbee drivers from HPM and see what happens when you click on the 'Update Firmware' button.

3 Likes

I did that. Despite some initial errors, it wound up working.

1 Like

Just picked up the new IKEA Vallhorn motion sensor. It was the only one of the three new sensors available at my local IKEA.

I any case, paired fine. Used the current IKEA 1745 driver for the legacy motion sensor.

It works well. But would've hoped that the motion inactivity would be cleared in seconds rather than the default 1 minute. There is a physical button on the back that you can press for either 1 minute or 5 minutes.

None of the new devices at IKEA Canada yet. Was on the mainland yesterday and stopped into IKEA in Richmond, BC just to see if there was something available ahead of schedule.

Not only was there nothing new, but their entire section of smart devices was in complete shambles. An embarrasment to the image of order they attempt to portray.

Vallhorn motion is showing on their web site but not in any of my local stores. Delivery only. I too want to try one of these out.

My store has them. Going to run out later to grab one to play with. Bummer about the 1m timeout. Was hoping they'd report temp/humidity too but I guess what can I expect for 9 bucks.

Is the illumination reportable as a lux value besides dim/bright or whatever else it shows?

Finally available on the RO site, so I ordered the new motion sensor (vallhorn) and the new shortcut button (somrig). A bit dissapointed that the new open/close sensor (parasoll) is not listed yet.

So I fought getting the Vallhorn motion sensor to pair, and finally got it to pair by selecting "pair avoiding zigbee 3.0 repeaters". But it doesn't seem to be doing anything using the 1745 driver.

Mine actually paired as a freint motion sensor, but I changed the driver to the ikea 1745.

I do see it reporting in zigbee logging. Maybe tomorrow I'll try to reset it and pair it again and see what happens...

[EDIT] well after resetting it, I cannot get it to pair back up. No matter which option, it doesn't get past the initializing phase

I believe I pressed the pairing button 4 times to put it into pairing mode similar to other ikea device I have paired. It did initially default to the freint driver. But then I changed it to the ikea 1745 driver. It then showed up and starting working fine. Although the battery level took about a day to show up. Very basic functionality no illumination sensor.

Interesting. I wonder if mine has a different firmware on it. No matter what I do now, I can't get it to pair to my C8.

Pressing the pairing button 4x definitely seems like the way. Every time I do, the hub detects it but it never initalizes.

What driver are you using?, the ones from here: [RELEASE] IKEA Zigbee drivers - #117 by dandanache

When I get a minute I might try pairing it to my C7.

I am using the driver from dandanache. My Hub is a C7 though. Not sure if that makes a difference. I believe I have seen some issues on the forum about some of the newest Zigbee devices pairing with the C8

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking the same thing.

I actually just updated to the latest and greatest. I'll try pairing it again, and if it fails maybe I'll try to pair it to my C7 in the garage for testing..

If you manage to pair it back, can you please post the Device Details data from the bottom of the page?

I am working on a driver for Vallhorn and Somrig, but I don't yet have the devices as my order is still in transit.

IKEA probably uses donkeys for transportation, my E2006 took eight days (!!!) to arrive from Sofia... :frowning:

2 Likes

Tis the season to be patient :slight_smile:

Ordered on 16th, delivery is scheduled on 23rd (same city).