New Hue Bridge Integration in .706

Another request: allow for de-selection of Hue Groups within the Hue Bridge Integration app. Current functionality allows one to add groups, but not delete them from Hubitat devices.

Would it be possible to support blinking lights via Hue bridge? Would be useful, e.g., for Safety Monitor, where blinking lights can be used as an action for intrusion.

The Hue API supports this via the "alert" effect which will blink the light(s) 15 times. I think this also what's accessible via IFTTT's Hue cannel.

Is it possible to send color/temperature data to hue bulbs while they're off? (Off at bulb, not switch)

not via the hue api AFAIK, we support this with our internal drivers.

Using the huegroup driver? Is it normal when setting the color/temp that the bulb turns on?

yes, using the Hue integration I'm not aware of a way to prestage color or color temp settings.

the hue group driver is a virtual group device that's part of the Hue integration

Like, if you set the color via Hubitat on a bulb that's off, it will stay off? I haven't tried this in forever because it never used to work; I just ended up creating rules that would adjust the color temp for lights as soon as they turned on.

there is an preference in each bulb that needs to be enabled, "enable color pre-staging"
When this is enabled and the bulb is off you can set CT and color settings without turning the bulb on.
By default (option is off) any of these commands will turn the bulb on then run the color command.

This has always worked AFAIK, as long as the option it enabled...

I dont have any bulbs added individually. Will this option be available to groups sometime?

Edit: nevermind

I never knew about that option :slight_smile:

@mike.maxwell Hmmm...where would that option (enable color pre-staging) be found, and is it for bulbs connected through the Hue bridge, or only for bulbs connected directly to Hubitat? I'm not seeing that in the options for my bulbs connected through the Hue bridge.

see two posts up

Ah, I see.

I’ve had my hub for about 30 minutes. My first thing to try was my Hue Hub. I get the same 404 error. I emailed support about it. New toy fun!

1 Like

What browser? Try chrome.

1 Like

I tried it using Safari on my desktop and it worked! Thanks for nudging me to the right path! FYI I was on an iPad. I must have a funky security setting on that device. I’m committed now. I burned much of my ST/Webcore while troubleshooting. I’m OK with that. No Fear.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.