New Hubitat Hub not running web server

I installed / attached my new hub to my router. It receives an IP address just fine, but the setup process does not work. After much troubleshooting, the Hub has only two services listening: 22 (SSH) and 8081 Web Service. On portal.hubitat.com my hub does appear, with the target url of 192.168.0.183:80 but an nmap scan of the habitat reveals there is nothing listening on http port 80. Port 8081 is running Jetty(9.4.z-SNAPSHOT), and the application on this port is the habitat updater tool.

The habitat updater tool on port 8081 reads:

Select one of the following versions to switch to:

This is immediately followed up with the Submit button. There is no firmware versions listed.

I have tried rebooting this device three times now. Each reboot takes about 15 seconds to obtain an IP address and become responsive, and none of them results in a functional product.

HELP!

I believe it means that it hasn’t been set up yet. It’s only after the hub is told to do setup and finishes that it becomes available on port 80. I had to manually do it, but I’d suggest you contact support and they can probably tell you what’s up in greater detail and how to resolve it.

It turns out I was a lucky win of QA checks. My hub was registered by staff as part of a qa test, but it was not properly unregistered. They untegistered it and suddenly it works beautifully for me. I was able to register it to my account and I am golden.
So, for anyone else seeing this issue, just send a request to support to untegister the hub.
To be clear, the symptoms were that when I went to the portal from the very first attempt, my hub was listed, but there was no register button.

1 Like

Hi! I'm on a similar problem here
I'm having the strangest of the problems and the support people on the email just told me "it's an internal network problem and we can't solve it" and closed the ticket

My hub is running on ports 8080 and 8081. I've tried it on 3 different routers - so it's not an internal network problem - and a port scan showed on the 3 networks that port 80 isn't active on the hub.

Any ideas? Thanks

If the hub is not accessible and you have port 8080 but not port 80 the. You may have the same issue I had. Certainly it is not a local issue if port 80 is not visible on your device. Are you sure you have the right IP address that was assigned to you HE hub?

My issue was that mine was left in QA test mode.

I do not remember what they did to make my hub work. I think it was on their end though.

What happens if you go to

http://find.hubitat.com

??

Does it show your hub? What happens when you click on Connect to Hub?

Is there anything at all unusual about your LAN setup? I mean that question from the perspective of an ordinary consumer, not someone with special skills in networking. You mentioned 3 routers. What type of router / LAN setup do you have?

Hi! It was fixed now and I just got a firmware update as well. It was fixed by the factory.

Just for completeness of information.

Nothing at all specific about my network. I'm a developer and I'm able to access all kinds of hardware on port 80 on a daily basis using just the modem/router from the fiber ISP. Also I tried it on a brand new TP Link router and on my friend's place with an apple "router", he's also a developer. We've tried it from a Chromecast, a dell pc wired to the network, several smartphones...
As soon as i got the green light, even with the port 80 problem, on find.hubitat the hub was found, but clicking on it did not led to the control panel on web.

Anyway, it's fixed now, thanks!

2 Likes