New Hubitat Elevation Model C-7 Available

I missed the coupon code bit and the nice folks at Hubitat just gave me a $12.99 USD refund. Nice!

1 Like

I can't seem to log in when trying to purchase it when clicking the log in button.

When I'm on this page below and click Log in:

I get this page below that goes away after 5 seconds

It brings me back to the main page again, even if I log in with my Hubitat credentials.

I just wanted to report it, I can reproduce in Chrome even in Incog Mode on multiple computers. I was able to order just fine just filling out the info but was curious why the Log in button doesn't work when placing an order.

1 Like

Can confirm. Same thing happened to me.

1 Like

Looking at the linked Zwave doc, another big benefit here is the ability to now replace failed zwave nodes. So I would think that would mean no longer having to go through and update a bunch of rules if a device fails.

2 Likes

Nice, that will be handy.

Yeah, I saw that too. Nice.

2 Likes

General zwave S2 question, I’ve seen references in the past that joining all devices as S0 isn’t advised because I guess it can cause issues and to only join devices such as locks with S0.

Does S2 have these same sort of issues or did they solve the underlying issues with what I assume is a newer version of security.

Would have bought one if the subscription supported C4 migration or if the C7 came with a free year of the subscription :slight_smile: I'll save some inventory for the refugees and be happy with my C4 and LAN device (C5) hubs (for now).

1 Like

Yeah, no C-4 migration is really a bummer for me (~75 zwave devices on my C-4 hub). Maybe down the road migrations from C-4 will become an option.

If not, I'll break down and migrate the hard way - eventually. Will just take time. Not the end of the world.

2 Likes

There won't be a C-4 migration in the future. The Nortek Z-Wave radio is locked in its firmware against this possibility.

I recently migrated my Z-Wave devices to a C-7, 85 of them. Second time I've done that -- first was from ST to Hubitat. It takes a couple of days. You can run two hubs as you move, so at least the house isn't down.

Still to come when I get a few minutes is my recipe for Z-Wave migration so you don't have to redo automations.

9 Likes

@JasonJoel my thoughts are similar. My only c5 hub remains in it's box. I will be buying a new home soon so a rebuild and expansion is in the works.

1 Like

I may start moving things one at a time to my C5 device as I move most of my automations to node-red. Shrug.

Understandable.

Most of my 75 devices except my garage door openers (that tend to want to be close to the hub to pair) are easy enough to get to.

Like I said - not the end of the world. :slight_smile:

I'm surprised there isnt the ability to join a C7 to an existing zwave network as a secondary controller, remove the OG from the network and promote the C7 to primary.

I thought Z-wave had this ability natively?

Have you tried using HubConnect?

I havent got my C7 yet and dont have a HE - I'm on Vera atm.

ahhh, gotcha. If you do get multiple hubs, you can manage them using hubconnect. I plan on doing this as my C-7 will be my second hub, so i plan on having it (or my old hub) run some resource intensive apps while the other is my radio)

1 Like

There's no option for DHL to Australia?

For some reason DHL rates are sky high right now to AUS. UPS has much better rates. DHL is twice as much.

2 Likes

I just went with the default option which is "US Postal Service First Class International".