New hub, old stick, slow Z-Wave Repair

Hi all, unknown circumstances caused a hub malfunction, so we've been in the dark the past few days. HE staff went above and beyond to remedy the situation :+1: :raised_hands:, and the old hub is going back for forensics and an autopsy. We're back up and running and the restore process was absolutely flawless. I restored a backup (from my pc), plugged in the old stick and everything was exactly as it was before. Sigh of relief. However, running a Z-Wave Repair seems prohibitively slow. In the past it would blaze through all 78 nodes in about 30 minutes flat. This time it's taken over an hour just to get through the first 20. Perhaps it will only be this slow on the first run?

Maybe try disabling all apps using the new disable function on the apps page to free up your z-wave network from automation interruptions while you run the repair.

Thank you - this shouldn't make a difference, as there's nothing really happening at the moment aside from the repair. It's getting closer, but it's been 3 hours now. Does the Hubitat platform utilize any Z-Wave mesh data at all? Just thinking maybe something is being written to the hub for the first time.

A ZWave repair is a Collect:Distribute process. It asks all the devices to report their neighbors. Each then sends a list of the node numbers they can reach. The Controller then uses that to create a full route table. Then, for each specific device it distributes a specific, highly limited routing table. It also does some housekeeping along the way.. such as repairing (setting) the route back to the primary

See the PM I sent you.