New hub not powering up

Just got my first Hubitat hub last night and after plugging in the ethernet cable and power nothing much happened. The little blue light on the front came on for about 20 seconds and then turned off and never came back on. I giggled the cables and the light came on once for a few seconds and then off again. Tried a different cable, different power block and even a different outlet and still nothing.
I realize this should not taint my first experience but it is very disheartening when something like this happens right out of the gate. Is this a known issue with Hubitat or am I just that unlucky?

It’s not a known issue except that, like any large production electronics, there will be the occasional failure. Open a ticket with @bobbyD (see support button at top of this page), they will arrange to get you a replacement. Sounds like your power connector in the hub may have a bad solder out.

Sorry for your bad experience, it will get better.

1 Like

Thanks, I created a ticket last night.

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the troubles. We have responded to your ticket via email. Let us know if you didn't receive our message.

I have same with 2 brand new units HELP Booby or support team!

@gfarbolin Did you email support to get a trouble ticket started?

support@hubitat.com

3 Likes

If you email support, they are really good at getting back to you.

2 Likes