New hub is not responsive

I ordered it few weeks ago. I have not taken time to set it up.
It is C7 model.

the light went on blue then later it went to green.
I unplugged it and attempted to search it.
the portal cant find it.
the light went out.
I unplugged it. light have not ever gone back on....
it seem dead right now.

totally unresponsive hub.

Please be sure you put in a support ticket at Support@Hubitat.com If the hub needs replacing, having the ticket will save you from that delay.

Please verify the power supply. No lights == no power. Of which there are at least two possibilities, dead power supply or dead connector in the hub.

I already sent ticket to that email.

Excellent... that email does an automated reply.. if you didn't get it, you'll need to check it and resend.

I did testing with two different cords and plugs. it is DEAD!!! I am not happy.

Bad luck, no one likes it, and it feels personal even though it isn't. I've had a few DOA arrivals over the years, and I know how frustrating/annoying it is to be the unlucky one who gets a bad unit.

Hopefully they can resolve the issue for you quickly. Good luck.

are they open daily? or only mon to fri? I will not be impressed if they are only open mon to fri.

I also checked my router to see if anything connected. it never connected to my lan network.

Just tagging @bobbyD for you.

This is a tricky one. Should we expect companies to be open 24/7 365 days a year? I don't know.

2 Likes

I am 100% sure it is BRICKED hub. I just tried again and I still do not get any lights to come on.

I am not expecting them to be open 24/7 It would be reasonable for them to be open least 8 to 12 hours daily.

From previous posts with people who have had bad hub issues they do seem to replace them quickly.
Fingers crossed for you.

Sorry for the troubles. We are present 365 days for emergencies, but our Help Desk is officially open Mon -Fri from 9AM to 6PM EST.

With that being said, when you have a chance, could you please reply to your ticket with your hub's MAC address that is printed on the hub so we can further investigate?

3 Likes

thank you, I will go back to my ticket with info.

2 Likes