New HomeKit integration fixing problems

I'm not sure what the document page for HomeKit integration says or whatever. But I think you might want to suggest making sure for new installs of the built in HomeKit app that people make sure their HomePods or whatever their using are up to date and to let them run for a while after updating and if you get all devices unresponsive in HomeKit. Try rebooting or unplugging all HomePods or apple tv's and iPads that are HomeKit controllers and let them run for a while. I think the Hubitat Community is going to find out real fast how finicky these HomeKit controllers can be and not without bugs. The built in HomeKit app is going to get blamed for things not working when it's not even the case. Rules not firing unresponsive devices all that good stuff. Whenever there's a larger update to HomeKit I usually have to mess around and rewrite automatons if they have to do with barrier devices If using HomeKit to automate. Also if you're coming from homebridge and installing the built in app definitely reboot the devices and maybe expect problems until apple HomeKit catches up and make the changes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.