New Homekit Architecture — can’t add Hubitat?

I (foolishly) upgraded my HomeKit to the new architecture that comes with iOS 16.2, and now Hubitat HomeKit integration isn’t working. Does Hubitat know about this?

I removed and tried re-adding the Hubitat as a hub in HomeKit but get an error saying it can’t connect. It finally did connect after three tries, but the devices exposed are showing no response. Anyone else getting this, too?

IIRC all devices that may act as “hubs”, HomePods, HomePod Minis, AppleTVs, etc. have to be on 16.2 or there is a conflct, bit the person to ask would be @gopher.ny

1 Like

Yeah, updating one device and not others can cause issues. All Apple devices on the same iCloud account that are powered and connected to the network need to be in sync version-wise.

1 Like

Quite a bit of discussion already here about this. As others said be sure all your Apple devices are updated as well as your Hubitat. You want the Homekit interface on the hub to be set to "relaxed pairing". That should do the trick. Might need to close and restart the Home app and possibly select the option on the Homekit app to restart integration.

Excellent. As soon as I set it to relaxed pairing in the Homekit App configuration on the Hubitat, everything started working again. Thanks for the information and support!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.